What facility is everyone picking?

If we express geographical preferences, and the FAA is already all filled up in those places, we could conceivably not be hired. Right? Also, is it frowned upon to call a Terminal or Center and ask what their staffing situation is like?

If we express geographical preferences, and the FAA is already all filled up in those places, we could conceivably not be hired. Right? Also, is it frowned upon to call a Terminal or Center and ask what their staffing situation is like?

True, you won't get hired.

Uh, well you'll be talking to a supervisor, so apparently they are managers... (might not get a straight/honest answer)

You could also be selected for a state you did not choose...

It's not frowned upon to call up a facility and ask for some info or for a tour... get to know your facility managers...

Thank You chichi, What are a few questions that I ask when I call? I have the numbers, but I do not want to sound like a dumb ass.:crazy:

"hello, i'm an ATC applicant (and if you are a pilot, add that) and would like to schedule a visit to your facility"

the large facilities may be hard to visit. small municipal airports are relatively easy. go visit the facility and ask your questions there (the places I've gone to visit have allowed me to hang out for about an hour and a half)

Thank You chichi, What are a few questions that I ask when I call? I have the numbers, but I do not want to sound like a dumb ass.:crazy:

Not to be rude, but can you make your font a bit smaller?

I would suggest calling up and telling them you're interested in becoming a controller. Tell them you've submitted an application and took the AT-SAT already and ask if you could arrange a tour. Then when you go for your tour, they can put a name to a face and you're not just some person who called up for information... then you can ask your staffing and other questions there.

This is to chichi and anyone else who has/had a problem with my font.....The way I see it is, because I am writing my comments and because I have been givin the option to comment in different fonts then it is my decision how I want my comment to look. I work in front of a computer 24/7 and I do not have the option to change my fonts....It is a privilage for me and it is less strain on my eyes. It is not rude at all. It is just what I choose to do. If it were the other way around I could have said......"Not to be rude, but can you make your font a bit larger?" But I did not, because we all are grown and make our own decisions and we really are just getting off the subject of air traffic control. Lets Stay Focused People! (There I went from font five to four...I hope this makes ya'll **SMILE**:p)

I didn't say you were rude for using the font... I meant that I didn't want to seem rude for asking you to make it smaller. I'm on an older laptop and the screen res isn't that high so the size 5 font is GIGANTIC... the colors don't bother me and the size 4 is definitely better.

Anyway, back to ATC and your facilities...

Sexzcycy01: What a great attitude, I imagine everyone one at OKC and possibly your future facility will enjoy it. :sarcasm:

Everyone else: There is the ignore feature (which I am sad to say has been used for the first time :().

<post edited>

The large flamboyant font is kind of irritating to some of us and if you had any kind of consideration, you would change it to the boring 12 point black font the rest of us use. When he says ignore, I think it means ignore everything you have to say. Not trying to be a jerk here, just stating perspective.

Back