What are we to expect?

Sunburn

I am posting this as someone that is new here, so please forgive me if this has already been covered in another thread. I went through the Memphis PEPC and received a TOL for NoCal TRACON. I am really happy with the location but as someone with zero flight hours and zero control time I was wondering what I can expect at the academy and with any luck and a little help from above, what I can expect from my training at NoCal TRACON. I thank everyone in advance.

I am posting this as someone that is new here, so please forgive me if this has already been covered in another thread. I went through the Memphis PEPC and received a TOL for NoCal TRACON. I am really happy with the location but as someone with zero flight hours and zero control time I was wondering what I can expect at the academy and with any luck and a little help from above, what I can expect from my training at NoCal TRACON. I thank everyone in advance.

I'd say you can expect to learn a LOT.

There will be plenty of others with little to no aviation experience, I'm sure you'll have a sort of support group at the academy. NorCal, on the other hand...

I just flew a bay tour with bravo transition (through San Francisco's airspace).

Took me nearly 3-4 minutes just to get on the radio for my request.
Those guys work an incredible amount of traffic. The frequency at times is 100% congested...

It's just amazing to hear

So I am looking at one of the busiest places in all of the US, one of the big six with about 100% freq. congestion. I know that would normally terrify someone, but it honestly sounds like fun. Even when I was in the CTI program, which was incredible easy, it was just made hard because of my lack of time/transportation to my school lots of traffic always sounded like fun, I don't like to be sitting around doing nothing. :D

So I am looking at one of the busiest places in all of the US, one of the big six with about 100% freq. congestion. I know that would normally terrify someone, but it honestly sounds like fun. Even when I was in the CTI program, which was incredible easy, it was just made hard because of my lack of time/transportation to my school lots of traffic always sounded like fun, I don't like to be sitting around doing nothing. :D

I agree with most of what you're saying. If you can handle it, then you deserve some major respect.
I enjoy that type of intense and high speed thought/decision/communication. On the other hand, I'm not sure if I could handle it as a newbie OTS, but you got the CTI experience.
(I like my current job when it's at it's most stressful situation, with railcars all over the place, lots of radio traffic, etc. However I know that its not quite like controlling a dozen high speed aircraft...)

Best of luck!

Thank you. But honestly, I am not sure if it is going to be best, but at least I have a friend of the family there so who knows. It will truly be a trial by fire.

Back