What are my chance of getting hired?

kls1981

Hello,
I took my AT-SAT yesterday and I checked my ASAP account and it had already been posted. I didn't do so hot, 75.6. I know I see alot of high scores on here and I kinda feel retarded getting that low of score. I know everyone doesn't post their score on here though. I believe my score does fall under qualified, however, are they hiring people in the qualified range?

Thanks,
Ken

Hello,
I took my AT-SAT yesterday and I checked my ASAP account and it had already been posted. I didn't do so hot, 75.6. I know I see alot of high scores on here and I kinda feel retarded getting that low of score. I know everyone doesn't post their score on here though. I believe my score does fall under qualified, however, are they hiring people in the qualified range?

Thanks,
Ken

Sorry to say that they don't often pick-up applicants that fall in the "qualified" range, there are some people on here who are in the "well-qualified" range and didn't get selected for the most recent panel. If you're passionate about being a controller and are confident in your ability to do the job, keep re-applying.

a girl i work with got an 84, which is not well-qualified, was at least referred to a state. the two others i work with, whom applied but did not have 4 years of school and were well-qualified, were not even referred.

Hello,
When another posting opens up, am I able to reapply to that one?
If so, How am I able to reapply to another posting if I can't take the AT-SAT for another year?

Hello,
When another posting opens up, am I able to reapply to that one?
If so, How am I able to reapply to another posting if I can't take the AT-SAT for another year?

You'll reapply and skip the AT-SAT part when the rest of your pool takes it...

A friend of mine, who is a regional airline pilot, scored 76% and he is still waiting. He took the ATSAT one day after I did at the same location. Not that this bit of information is helpful, I just thought I would throw it out there.

Hello,

Thanks,
Ken

Got a 71 did the LAX PEPC, start on OKC Aug 6th

Hello,

Thanks,
Ken

It is true that this time around they picked up very few "qualified"
applicants and many of those were military or something of the sort. However - no one knows all the details of how the FAA is handling the hiring. That being said - it is not really fair to say that they rarely choose "qualified" applicants. Every go around could be completely different. The FAA needs to hire a lot of people. Bottom line - you passed the test. If you weren't being considered - why even have a "qualified" group? Don't get discouraged - just keep applying. I would try to visit the facilities you want to go to. I would try to get your name out anyway you can. As a "qualified"person you may have to wait longer,but persistence may just pay off. :nana2:

I have a question pertaining to this matter as well. I have plenty of full time work experience (8 years) but have very little college and no aviation or military background. Assuming that I score in the "well qualified" range, is it likely that they will overlook my lack of formal education?:confused:

Each announcment is different. Plus the people who are in charge of the ATSAT are not the same ones who are on the hiring panels. Every time the panels meet for each announcment, they have a certain number of positions they must fill for a certain location. They will go through the well qualified first, then the qualified. I think a lot more "qualified" people from 07's state specific applications got in, because a lot fewer people were still interested in taking the test after waiting for 6-7 months. Once the PUBNA's came out, more & more people applied, meaning more & more "well qualified" to choose from. Right now the only thing you can do is keep applying to each announcment & hope that there are still spots available after the panels pick the well qualified.

*seriously wants to strangle his AT-SAT results out of someone*

DAMN THESE EXTENDED HOLIDAY WEEKENDS!!!

(ASAP checked 72,112 times since Wednesday.)

Back