Westwind Phx

Flynchick

Anyone like to share their experiences with Westwind in Phoenix. 60k per year seems like a wee bit of a stretch for a CFII.

I was a customer 97-13 if it helps. Trained Pvt through Comm.

Recommended a couple of CFIs go there, there's plenty of opportunities across the ramp or at SDL, FFZ etc also.

Alex.

I don't think they hire many people off the streets anymore. They have a program where they train their own Korean instructors now and it seems like they rely on that pretty heavily.

Make your own schedule, international students, max temp to fly is 105, not very many night ops. All better things than TransPac, but TPac gave more hours.

Knew people there that were very happy. Depends on what you want? Money and QOL or get in and out ASAP.

Max temp to fly? That's new.

I remember attempting a 4pm flight in a 152 once. 47 C / 117 F sticks in my brain.
Ours was the same at TransPac, but with the AC they rose it to 120. Not sure it was an airplane issue, more of a safety issue (that's what I thought anyways)

Ours was the same at TransPac, but with the AC they rose it to 120. Not sure it was an airplane issue, more of a safety issue (that's what I thought anyways)

It's 115 at AeroGuard if the plane has an air conditioner. 105 if it doesn't.

I don't have much information on WestWind. I know a few people who have gone over there. I see everything from the outside in. The only thing I see is they had a plane with an engine failure about a year ago that landed and flipped over in the desert. Just recently they had a plane drift off runway centerline and ripped half the wing off after flying into a pole on a go around. That's all I know about them really.

Back