West Point

dustoff17

Still trying to reach the Top Shelf
Have to brag here a little. My daughter just received and accepted her appointment to West Point!!!
She has been talking about West Point since she was 12 and we had a discussion about the school. Even though she'll be a Commissioned Officer
:))), I am SO stoked about this one!!

InkedIMG_4776_LI.jpg

EDIT: Grammar correction....should have attended a better school, huh?

Last edited:
Fantastic!! What does she want to pursue after graduation?
She is seriously considering Law (May a well let us taxpayers pick up the tab) or a career in Cyber Security. These are completely different paths but she want to do both if possible.

I don’t know if a person is allowed a double major at an academy.

i was going to go with ‘Army’….

Seriously though. Congrats. That’s quite the accomplishment.
I thought about it but decided the Army is hurting after losing to Navy, so I figured I’d leave that joke alone for now. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: JEP
She is seriously considering Law (May a well let us taxpayers pick up the tab) or a career in Cyber Security. These are completely different paths but she want to do both if possible.

I don’t know if a person is allowed a double major at an academy.

Even if she takes a liberal studies major the West Point curriculum puts cadets into a selected hard science field as part of the broadening.

It’s how you end up with a commander who has a degree in a Humanities field but knows waaaay to much about Chemical or Nuclear Engineering.

Tell her congrats. Even if she “missed the war” there is more than enough to do in our “peace time military.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve worked with folks from each of the academies and every branch of military. There are two groups that consistently stand out: West Pointers and anyone from the USMC. Congratulations to your daughter; I’m sure she will be a standout, too.

Back