Well......finally found out how SWA pilots are paid.

CRW

Sure Thing Iain, sorry about that
blush.gif

I am not sure you should publish this information without this captains approval. Pay is very personal information, and although Doug seems very easy going about disclosing how much money he makes, I imagine many pilots would rather not tell the world about how much money they earn. It seems this gentleman has been very honest with you, and if he is sharing his pay detail in such detail he seems like a chap who is more then willing to help out an aspiring pilot, and one day could be walking your resume into SWA too. Respect his generosity, and only post his comments to you with his permission.

Oh, I'm very honest, and unrepentant about what I earn. In the last 24 hours, I thought I was literally going to die while jumpseating to work because of the weather in DFW... Woke up crack 'o dawn and circumnavigated embedded thunderstorms all the way to ATL. Circumnavigated thunderstorms and shot a DCA "River Visual" with supposedly 5 miles visibility in moderate turbulence (my leg, ack!), dealt with a seriously unruly passenger that took two "redcoats", one DC policeman, two federal marshals and an FBI agent to deal with (on the ground, thankfully), held going into ATL and then flew into CMH for a short "airport" layover.

Yup, I earned every last dollar today! And it's just the first day of a four day trip!
smile.gif

Wow! That many people for one guy? What was he doing? What was he riled about? Don't folks know that it's best to just sit still and be patient on a plane these days?

Nah, the agents/marshalls/etc were just riding from DCA to ATL and the passenger absolutely refused to check her bag althought there was physically ZERO space in the overheads or beneath her seats for her bag.

You know, hearing about and remembering days like that at work, it almost makes me glad I'm furloughed.

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, I'm very honest, and unrepentant about what I earn. In the last 24 hours, I thought I was literally going to die while jumpseating to work because of the weather in DFW... Woke up crack 'o dawn and circumnavigated embedded thunderstorms all the way to ATL. Circumnavigated thunderstorms and shot a DCA "River Visual" with supposedly 5 miles visibility in moderate turbulence (my leg, ack!), dealt with a seriously unruly passenger that took two "redcoats", one DC policeman, two federal marshals and an FBI agent to deal with (on the ground, thankfully), held going into ATL and then flew into CMH for a short "airport" layover.

Yup, I earned every last dollar today! And it's just the first day of a four day trip!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like an ER ep. Wonder when they're going to do a series on airlines.
cool.gif

Isn't it amazing how mostly normal people can become absolute monsters for absolutely no reason what so ever? Try being a policeman. That's a normal day at the office. It makes you really begin to not like people sometimes. But after ten years, perspective takes over an you just realize, "that person was just a nut". It puts it all in place. Glad to hear you had some "friends" on board.

Unfortunately the passenger deal like with Doug happens more than people realize, not as severe as Dougs but it does. Most of the time they just get removed from flying for that day. Makes no sense. Chances are that passenger on Dougs plane probably paid for the cheapest ticket out there but want to be treated like a first class passenger and be catered to.

Back