Welcome to the Dutch Wings forum!

I've been "over" to Dutch Wings and Houston Southwest regularly, but until yesterday, I've not flown with them. I flew the Seneca yesterday. Excellent, well maintained twin, and Win was quite the professional instructor (yes, dropping the left engine DID heighten my anxiety level; and it DID actually climb!). The whole ambience of Dutch Wings and Houston Southwest is quite professional. I do enjoy flying into the facility.

I will be back.

This Seneca is one fine bird. The nicest Seneca in the Houston area according to several DE's. I did my CMEL and my MEI in it this past March. Since then I have over 200 hours instructing in it and it has always performed flawlessly. Hopefully I will be getting my ATP in this airplane sometime in the next 2 months.

Did Wim show you the short field takeoff capability of the Seneca? I was amazed this past winter when we were lifting off 650 feet down the runway.

How are things at Dutch? Have things slowed down? Just curious. I plan to go over and check thigs out.

Things have not slowed down. As a matter of fact I am having a hard time balancing my Corporate job with Instructing and getting some time off.

If you are looking for somewhere to fly in Houston whether training or renting you really owe it to yourself to check out Dutch Wings.

Do you guys have any literature our brochures you could hook me up with, I'm in school right now but next summer I'm looking for schools to work on instrument and possibly comm.
thanks,
ben

This Seneca is one fine bird. The nicest Seneca in the Houston area according to several DE's. I did my CMEL and my MEI in it this past March. Since then I have over 200 hours instructing in it and it has always performed flawlessly. Hopefully I will be getting my ATP in this airplane sometime in the next 2 months.

Did Wim show you the short field takeoff capability of the Seneca? I was amazed this past winter when we were lifting off 650 feet down the runway.

Toad?

Hey Blake, can you pm me, I want to know if you guys still sell headsets for cheap. I'll fly into AXH if it's worth it. Austin sucks for GA :D

New 3 day program at Dutchwings:

Earn your Multi-Engine Add-On for $2295.00 including fuel surcharge! Includes 10hrs in the Seneca and 10hrs instruction.

I'll just put up the whole e-mail... I always told Wim I'd try to get the word out as much I could for them:

[FONT=Georgia,Times New Roman,Times,Serif]Greetings from Dutch Wings Flight School.[/FONT]​
September Specials:
New 3 Day Program​
Earn your Multi-Engine Add-On for $2295.00 including fuel surcharge! Includes 10hrs in the Seneca and 10hrs instruction.

The 2009 FAR-AIM is now on sale for just $10.00
Don't get caught without it!​
Come take advantage of our 1 WEEK Commercial Pilot Course for only $1360.00 including fuel surcharge. Includes 10hrs in the Arrow and 10hrs instruction
The Commercial Written Exam should be completed prior to training.
We have a CATS testing facility on campus.
Call 800 947 4228 to schedule your test.
Don't wait, rent the amazing Liberty XL2 for $99.00/hr including fuel surcharge!

The Liberty continues to be the most requested aircraft to be checked out in! Call 281 431 8866 to schedule a flight and find out why!​
This is what our cutomers are saying:​
"It flies like a little fighter"​
"It feels like a bigger airplane"
"You can't beat the view and it's very stable"

The Garmin 430 GPS and 330 digital transponder make this airplane an excellent IFR trainer. You will feel confident and safe in actual conditions.

Do you know an aspiring commercial pilot? We now offer Career Packages starting at just $19,215.00
Click here to view the brochure.
[FONT=Verdana,Geneva,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif] We hope to see you again soon. FLY SAFE.

Sincerely,

www.dutchwingsflightschool.com
Dutch Wings Flight School 503 McKeever Rd
Arcola, TX 77583
p 281 431 8866
f 281 431 0095

[/FONT]

Had a quick question for anyone that might work at Dutch Wings. I am new to the Houston area and am looking for a place to flight instruct. I was instructing in Florida and I have 899 total time, 750 multi , and 492 dual given (mostly multi). I am a CFI, CFII, and MEI. At any rate, I was wondering if Dutch Wings is currently looking for instructors, and at what rate they pay their instructors for flight, and ground, etc. I plan on visiting the school soon in person, I just wanted a bit of information before I do so. Thanks for your time.

Hi is there any student who would like to share his experience with the school? I'm interested in those nice rates !
but i didnt find any student review about the school yet...
thank you

Back