WE had a G.R.E.A.T. Time!!!

Kristie

Mama Bear....
Staff member
Just wanted to thank everyone that came out for NJC Chicago. We had a great time seeing current friends and making new friends. We hope everyone else had a blast too!!

Thanks everyone for coming out and making NJC-Chicago quite a success!!

PS....inner circle decoder rings are on the way *wink wink* :)

Just wanted to thank everyone that came out for NJC Chicago. We had a great time seeing current friends and making new friends. We hope everyone else had a blast too!!

Thanks everyone for coming out and making NJC-Chicago quite a success!!

PS....inner circle decoder rings are on the way *wink wink* :)
Bout time!:yar:

Don't worry, Steve. I still don't have one. I think they gave them out before I got back from the burbs last night.

What's up, by the way, with all of you bailing before 12? Did you all turn into pumpkins?

I am so disappointed. We said we were going to tear it up last night and other than me, Matt, and Andy, none of you did!

But it was a good time, and me and Matt had a lot of fun today. Matt's found a nice little wine shop in Old Town!

So, when do we get to see pictures? I wanna see what was going on in the places Ian and I were too hungo...er, busy...to take part in!

So, when do we get to see pictures? I wanna see what was going on in the places Ian and I were too hungo...er, busy...to take part in!

You two were having so much fun at Blue Frog, though.

Apparently, so was I. I left my credit card behind and they are closed on Sundays.:cool:

Hello, Amex? I need to report a lost card.

Don't worry, Steve. I still don't have one. I think they gave them out before I got back from the burbs last night.

What's up, by the way, with all of you bailing before 12? Did you all turn into pumpkins?

I am so disappointed. We said we were going to tear it up last night and other than me, Matt, and Andy, none of you did!
a 3:30 wake up time and jumpseat rules will do that. besides, YOU said we were going to tear it up on friday night which would have worked fine if we would have all cabbed or had cars to drive, but i knew sat night was not going to work for us :p

Now that i know that cab from downtown is about $30 out to the ohare area, we would have just cabbed it. you learn something new everyday

You two were having so much fun at Blue Frog, though.

Apparently, so was I. I left my credit card behind and they are closed on Sundays.:cool:

Hello, Amex? I need to report a lost card.

Oh, much fun! Yes! But I'm nosy and want to see what everyone else was doing, too.

Sucks about your card! That's what you get for not singing.

Just wanted to say thanks to Doug and Kristie for organizing the event! Everyone I met was cool as hell. Hopefully some of the Chicago JC'ers won't be strangers anymore now that we've all met!

And to everyone else who doesn't live here.....if you're passing through Chicago be sure to send some PM's out and we'll try to get a few people together to meet up.

Good to hear you all had a great time. Really wish I could have been there. Will make it a point to hit the next one, if there is a repeat performance in Chi-Town!

Those who have the contact list, if you pass through or are already in the area feel free to give a yell.

After driving around for an hour looking for a parking spot, it wasn't looking too promising. :buck: James & I were falling asleep after a 3am wakeup and another early wakeup the next day (with a 3-hr flight back), and it's not a short train ride back to ORD, either. I wish I had half your endurance! Especially since we ended up the next day flying almost all the way back to KLUM, our home base, and then finding out we had to fly BACK to MDW (ask James). We ended up flying 8 hrs on Saturday!

:crazy: <- me after finally landing at KLUM

It was fantastic meeting everyone, though. JC has some seriously cool people -- great stories and lots of laughs. I wish I could have spent more time than just Saturday! I posted pics on my flickr site from flying into MDW and doing the VFR flyway along the shore. It was surprisingly easy flying in and out of MDW, if anyone else is thinking of doing it. Fly in, take the el downtown, and you're all set.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/clumpinglitter/

-C.

I big thanks to the Taylors for putting this shindig together. Met some new JC'rs, heard some new Doug stories(Thanks Andy!:D) It was great to finally meet Ian and Kristen. Tony it was great to see you again and look forward to your bartending at NJC 07.:nana2: I wish I could have stayed longer, but with the computer crash and Friday's messed up schedules out of ORD, I had to try and get out on Saturday, so I could make it to work on Sunday morning. Made it on last flight out on Saturday. Matt sorry I could stick around for Saturday's dinner, but we're definitely on for Vegas!

After driving around for an hour looking for a parking spot, it wasn't looking too promising. :buck: James & I were falling asleep after a 3am wakeup and another early wakeup the next day (with a 3-hr flight back), and it's not a short train ride back to ORD, either. I wish I had half your endurance! Especially since we ended up the next day flying almost all the way back to KLUM, our home base, and then finding out we had to fly BACK to MDW (ask James). We ended up flying 8 hrs on Saturday!

:crazy: <- me after finally landing at KLUM

It was fantastic meeting everyone, though. JC has some seriously cool people -- great stories and lots of laughs. I wish I could have spent more time than just Saturday! I posted pics on my flickr site from flying into MDW and doing the VFR flyway along the shore. It was surprisingly easy flying in and out of MDW, if anyone else is thinking of doing it. Fly in, take the el downtown, and you're all set.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/clumpinglitter/

-C.

Argh. That must have made for LOOOOONG day. I suppose you guys are thankful that you didnt stick around on Saturday night - although it would have been awesome if you had more time. It was great meeting you both.

Nice pics!

If his hairbrush was in the bag of all his stuff, then yeah, he forgot it. :nana2: We made an awesome 85 kts or so against the headwind on the way back to KMDW. But the arrival and departure were as easy the second time as the first. The controllers down there did a great job of shoehorning us in. I got instructions to fly over the tower, overfly the field, and make right traffic for 22L. It was truly a blast. I'm sounding dorky now, but it was a thrill being so small and flying into the busiest airport for me by far. Good times. :bandit:

-C.

OMgosh.. your kidding!!! that's awful... so you got all the way back home only to have to go all the way back?

Back