We can't raise ticket prices because people won't fly

Supply and Demand though Todd.

Sucks. . .but. . .such is life. Capacity reductions being what they are these days.

Competition can be a good thing, but not when it is the determining factor between lowering wages or profitability.

I say let the airlines charge more. They have high costs which need to be covered, and if you can't afford it, there are alternative forms of transportation. Airline workers have some pretty demanding challenges to put with and deserve to be well compensated. These fair increases are very justified in my book, and lower fairs should have never been implemented in my book.

We had a period in which the "high costs" were covered. It was called regulation. The downside is that there were about 1/3 to 1/4 of pilot jobs then that there are now. So take your pick. A lot of decent paying pilots jobs, or a relatively small amount of good paying jobs.

Not true. Re-regulation would not result in dramatically fewer flying jobs. A small number of jobs might be lost, but the overwhelming majority would still exist, and they would be much better and more stable jobs. Deregulation didn't create the boom in commercial aviation, the general economic boom of the '80s-'90s did.

Oh Babydoll. . .remember that my opinions are from the mind of a trade unionist, and not a Capitalistic middle manager type.

;)

We can spoon tomorrow night.

Back