Watch guys.

No offense but waaaaaaaay too many numbers on that thing for me to appreciate it. Thats why I’m in the market for an Oyster Perpetual. Or if anyone has a recommendation for something very similar to the OysterP.

Check out the Tudor Black Bay 36 or 41 with blue face and stainless bracelet.

As you probably now, Tudor is made by Rolex, sometimes using same designs. Tudor's use very nice ETA or Valjoux movements instead of Rolex movements.

If I had $10k to spend on a watch, I'd spend $2-3k on a Tudor and pocket the rest. Tudors are cool with grouchy old watch guys, as if that matters.

Last edited:
Well then when was the last time you bought a new car, Mr. Shame-Merchant!???

PS. I've never bought a new car...you'd have to be stark raving hugging-yourself chasing-cars mad. Leasing probably makes some sense for those of us who are say slum-lords, for example. But for the plebes like me, if you're not buying used either with cash or at extremely favorable lending rates, you're a blooming idiot.
I intend to drive my Lesbaru until it falls apart, then do something else. So, maybe.

There's got to be a happy medium from my Dad, standing there in Lot West struggling over his 1970s Mercedes diesel which won't start, with his double-breasted coat tossed in the backseat, and the @SlumTodd_Millionaire s of the world peeling out and flipping us off in their leased sedans.

(incidentally, I do think Todd has pretty decent taste in leases)

I intend to drive my Lesbaru until it falls apart, then do something else. So, maybe.

There's got to be a happy medium from my Dad, standing there in Lot West struggling over his 1970s Mercedes diesel which won't start, with his double-breasted coat tossed in the backseat, and the @SlumTodd_Millionaire s of the world peeling out and flipping us off in their leased sedans.

(incidentally, I do think Todd has pretty decent taste in leases)
Speaking of this car...

Hey, @Screaming_Emu - my favorite kind of Subaru is the paid-off kind!

79141385_10157027919187921_8802371156293189632_n.jpg

I'm in the same boat OP. Some of our guys commissioned them to do a run for our pilots. I've been looking at the Bremont MBIII for a while, but it's a damn good deal for this watch. I've got the order form all filled out, just have decide to hit send.

pS3sDjp.png

How you gonna tell the grandma cougars at the airport hotel bar you’re a real pilot- not just some RJ hack, without this hunk of steel on your body?

I'm not one to advertise where I work...though that's a really sharp watch. I'd buy the crap out of it without the logo

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I can’t walk past a pawn shop.

These days, pawn shops know their merchandise pretty well so it’s hard to get an amazing deal.

Today, picked up a Seiko Sea Monster automatic for $50. The Sea Monster series sells for $300-$500 new.

Attachments

• B80E303A-E14A-467E-911C-57EAB0688B32.jpeg
    B80E303A-E14A-467E-911C-57EAB0688B32.jpeg
    51.2 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
How you gonna tell the grandma cougars at the airport hotel bar you’re a real pilot- not just some RJ hack, without this hunk of steel on your body?

Dude, it's a hunk of titanium. Sourced from, and built in conjunction with Boeing. That should tell them all they need to know. Well, that and my white new balance's.

You're thinking about the wrong hunk o' steel. ;) Or do cougars really dig beta?

I‘ve earned my cash, so I’ll do what I damned well please with it, thank you. But I’m willing to bet my charitable giving outpaces yours, so keep the sanctimony to yourself, Buzz Killington.
I took you to be a bit deeper than than. Then again, on line, one can't see the bauble-tells. ;)
But shucks, must be doing something right; Certainly seems to have hit a nerve.

You don't need an expensive watch, just a big watch. The thing is, they want to believe.

They really don't care about you being a pilot, they just want good health insurance.

Our health insurance certainly isn't great, so they will have to find it someplace else. That and my Russian wife would light me on fire while I was sleeping if she thought I was talking to other women at the bar on a layover.

I did order the Bremont watch though. Gotta spent that sweet narrow body captain cash someplace. And it really did end up being a darn good deal for that watch. I wont be caught dead wearing it at work, though.

I guess the fact I'd leave the house without my phone, but not without a watch officially puts me in old man territory.

Nah, that doesn't make you an old man. It makes you free! One of the few good things about when I deployed was not having access to a phone. It was liberating! It's too bad it's a requirement in tge workplace nowadays...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Back