VNY Accident (Loses Nose gear)

EineBeBoP

LOS ANGELES (Map, News) - Authorities say the pilot of a small plane was unhurt in an accident at Los Angeles' Van Nuys Airport.
Federal Aviation Administration spokesman Ian Gregor says the single-engine plane landed on the runway about 1:40 p.m. Friday, swerved into a grassy area and came to rest nose down.
The cause of the accident is under investigation.

Anyone know more? I was there for the aftermath (Class is about 100 yards west of where the plane stoped) Ive got pictures I can post later.

Whats Up! Yeah man I was working in the hangar and saw it. The plane called the osprey is owned by Raytheon and flies at FL500! it is like the U2... the planes engine is worth 1 million dollars I hear! The gear collapsed and the plane went off the side...thats about it. The props exploded and disintegrated into thin air! Powerful ####! I saw your class on the cherry picker was that you guys? It was across at the A&P school.

I took off on 34R as it was still being looked at! awesome sight! I was taxiing back on Bravo and ground told me to give way to the crashed plane being towed in front of me! ahah

Yep, we were on a lifter and one of the parts sheds.

I'd heard it was a high altitude aircraft... looked beautiful.
Too bad. I'm really curious as to what happened.

Why does this sound like different accidents? First post says single engine, 2nd post says "props". The Raytheon Osprey isn't single engine, isn't like the U-2 at all, and doesn't fly to FL500. Color me confused....

sorry for the confusion. The plane has one prop and it is like the U2 and it does fly to FL500...I also think it is called an egret not a osprey....sorry I made lots of errors in that post...ahah

Im working on my A&P at the mechanics school @ Saticoy (Behind the tower)
Its run by North Valley Occupational Center.

Excellent, thanks guys'. How do you guys' like working at VNY? I have been searching for a lineman position for a second job to earn some more money, network, and be around aviation more often. I tried Maguire north, but they haven't gotten to me yet. I thinking about trying some other FBO's like Skytrails, and Pentastar. Any suggestions on FBO's?

I've been lazy, but finally did it...

ialceaaba.jpg

ialcaaaba.jpg

Back