Visiting Barcelona?

ZapBrannigan

If it ain’t a Boeing, I’m not going. No choice.
Planning on visiting Barcelona for a couple of nights before leaving on a cruise. Staying near Plaza Catalunya. Wondering if any of you have been there before and can recommend things to see, places to eat, etc.

Planning on visiting Barcelona for a couple of nights before leaving on a cruise. Staying near Plaza Catalunya. Wondering if any of you have been there before and can recommend things to see, places to eat, etc.
Well unfortunately I can’t be any help as all my LEBL layovers were cut short but definitely check out the Sagrada Familia and some of Gaudi’s other works around the city.

Can’t go wrong with the food in Spain, hit a market or two to sample some tapas. Don’t be afraid to eat late also, the locals don’t eat dinner until 9. That timing actually works pretty good to ease off the jet lag.

I’m a big fan of southern Europe, Spain and Portugal in particular. Enjoy!

I have, a number of times but it's been a "while". I'll dig around my old notes.

Can’t go wrong with really any tapas place in Barcelona. Gothic quarter and ramblas have great food and bars. Take the cable car up to Monserrat for a nice view

+1 on montserrat. The botanical gardens are close to the olympics area and worth an explore. Really easy to get around on the metro.

I've heard crime/pickpockets are a real problem there. Any suggestions to stay safe? Should I find a tour group as opposed to us just meandering around on our own?

I've heard crime/pickpockets are a real problem there. Any suggestions to stay safe? Should I find a tour group as opposed to us just meandering around on our own?
No need for a tour group. If you eat outside, don’t leave your phone out on the table. Easy target for pickpocketers. You could also have a travel wallet. I carry mine on international trips. I just have 1 credit card, 1 debit card and my drivers license. That way if I do get pickpocketed, I won’t have to replace a whole bunch of cards, IDs, etc.

I've been a few times but I'm really drawing a blank right now. Bar Burtal is unforgettable.

Bring your appetite and eat your way through Mercado de La Boqueria.

Definitely be careful on La Rambla. I watched a couple of people get pickpocketed on the train too. I was warned about purses on the backs of chairs and cellphones out on tables. I have a couple of button down shirts with button breast pocket that I usually keep cash, room key and a credit card in. I keep my hand over my cellphone in my front pocket when I walk through crowded places.

Last edited:
Additional tip, make sure your bags are filled entirely with dildos. The guys over there wear long dong pants…….the jeans that have an extra long crotch area to hide tiny dick. They will take the dildos and run, and then you can reclaim your vacation. You’re welcome

Additional tip, make sure your bags are filled entirely with dildos. The guys over there wear long dong pants…….the jeans that have an extra long crotch area to hide tiny dick. They will take the dildos and run, and then you can reclaim your vacation. You’re welcome
Curious minds have some questions

I would like to add that my wife and I had our honeymoon in Barcelona, one of our favorite cities. Food, people and culture was everything we expected and more.

Note: the La Familia Cathedral was cool
But the waits to get in made it not worth it.

Back