Virgin Galactic navigationally challenged?

Gotta be honest, this ------------><-------------- is how much I'd care if one of these eccentric billionaires lost their life in some ridiculous rushed race to space.

I'm exceedingly happy that out of all the guys I graduated with that went on to design and operate rockets for the private space companies, none of them are at Virgin Galactic.

I should probably clarify this... From everything I've read, the actual design process has been fine. It's the mission operation culture that seems less than ideal.

Just put his book on the list. Also adding "pooched the profile" to one of my favorite sayings.
It’s a fantastic book. Reminded me in many ways of my time in Independence, KS…equally awful small town and an equally bumbling airplane company (making way less cool stuff).

Gotta be honest, this ------------><-------------- is how much I'd care if one of these eccentric billionaires lost their life in some ridiculous rushed race to space.

Yeah I really don’t understand the hype at all.

Wow, you’re using chemical rocket technology from the 1940s/1950s except now it’s a private entity launching garbage into space instead of a government agency.

Yawn.

Wake me up when one of these Monopoly money billionaires developes a faster, more modern propulsion system.

Wow…As someone who felt like they were decently in the loop about this commercial space flight stuff, I’ve known about the fatal they had plus maybe one or two hiccups making the news over the last decade or so, but that New Yorker article is absolutely astonishing. Certainly has completely changed my perspective.

Wow…As someone who felt like they were decently in the loop about this commercial space flight stuff, I’ve known about the fatal they had plus maybe one or two hiccups making the news over the last decade or so, but that New Yorker article is absolutely astonishing. Certainly has completely changed my perspective.

Same. I generally ignore all of the negativity about the private space race, because it’s almost without fail just sour grapes by jealous commies like @Autothrust Blue, but after reading that, it’s pretty troubling. I certainly wouldn’t feel safe purchasing a ride. But Branson had a bit of a reputation already for being a bastard, so not an enormous surprise.

Back