VFR 135 gigs

JordanD

Chinese Food Enthusiast
Just out of curiosity... Do these even exist anymore? I thought I remembered FLX having VFR guys but I'm assuming that's no longer. I'd love to find one but I never see any so I'm guessing they aren't as prevalent as they used to be.

Grand Canyon and Page, AZ.

Grand Canyon Airlines
American Aviation
Westwind

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

though to be fair alaska VFR is IFR in the lower 48
Not remotely true.

Red tail is also one to look at. There's a couple of 207s that haul ups stuff vfr. One out of price one out of Lewiston one out of ely. Theres actually a lot of it still down south you just have to look.

Don't forget all the VFR 135s that operate to the islands in the Great Lakes such as Island Airlines in Michigan flying Islanders, they have another operator there that flies Partnovias, Griffing Flying Sevice in Ohio, Great Lakes Air in Michigan etc

I suspect you never flew a sled up here. ;)

I suspect most people don't realize the exact same thing happens down south. Even if it's an IFR cert, sometimes VFR is the only way to get it done. Of course it's not flat in Idaho and Montana like it is on the slope. Where if you climb to 50 feet you'll never hit anything.

I suspect you never flew a sled up here. ;)
There's an airport down there, and tt's VFR underneath. I promise. ;)
IMG_0624.JPG

Last I heard the feds yanked "Scary Larry's" 135 cert and they were doing tours under 91.
Who knows. They shut them down the whole 2009 season when I was there last. I heard they bought the green weenies that were left and fly them out of KPGA.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I`m pretty sure they want IFR 135 mins.
Nope. Both Vieques Air Link (VAL) and Air Flamenco (which I flew for) are both strictly VFR part 135 operations. They do scheduled pax, as well as cargo and passenger charters. They both hire people with commercial certificates, for the cargo and charter flights. You need an ATP for the scheduled stuff though since its mostly in BN-2 Islanders (VAL has Caravans on the scheduled flights, but its rare to see Commercial pilots fly them although its allowed by regulation).

Back