Very interesting day of job hunting

slushie

F2TH C56X C500
-Did some digging online to find an address.
-Blindly walked into a hangar/office with resume in hand. Introduced myself.
-Interviewed immediately for a non-flight position that I wasn't really qualified for (But would have loved!)
-Given a second interview later in the day with the president/owner.
-Was told straight out "You're not what we're looking for with this position."

...OK...cool...kinda saw that coming...

But then I got a lot of great advice and an invitation to "follow up" in the future as I gain some flight time.

The whole experience was quite encouraging.

Off to try again tomorrow!

-Interviewed immediately for a non-flight position that I wasn't really qualified for (But would have loved!)

But then I got a lot of great advice and an invitation to "follow up" in the future as I gain some flight time.

Slushie if I may ask how did you get your 813 TT?

If only everyone had that kind of class. Seriously.

Question: Why is it you can go places and they'll flat out tell you "no" while other places after you go interview, they don't call, so you call, they don't call back, so you do, and they ignore you until you go away?

Answer: Class. Some have it, some don't.

-mini

If only everyone had that kind of class. Seriously.

Question: Why is it you can go places and they'll flat out tell you "no" while other places after you go interview, they don't call, so you call, they don't call back, so you do, and they ignore you until you go away?

Answer: Class. Some have it, some don't.

-mini

Now if only we, as the applicant, could be so blunt during the interview.

"Why do you want to work here?"

Well, I hear you pay very well, give a large number of days off, have great benefits and you are close to my house and the airport so I can fly after work."

"Give me a situation where you faced a challenge at your previous employer?"

To be honest the largest challenge was dragging my ass out of bed every morning. I can't really give you one example since it all sort of blended together into one long year in a day sort of thing and on my last day I wiped my memory.

I'm a little confused. You applied for a non-flying position, but they wanted you to have more flight time/experience?

Good luck Slush. Im the same boat as you. Vegas is tough right now. No one is taking risk on anything. Ive emailed resume after resume, made calls, did follow ups and exausted all my contacts and friends in the biz. Ive had only 2 interviews. Im looking at options out of state now.

What was that?
It was customer service, invoicing, trip planning, marketing, and a bunch of other tasks rolled into one.

I'm a little confused. You applied for a non-flying position, but they wanted you to have more flight time/experience?
My resume looks more like a pilot's than a businessman's. I was saying I was interested in flying, but really wanted to learn the business side.

Good luck Slush.

I've got a decent sized list of options. At the end of it is CFI/Family Restaurant Waiter.

Now if only we, as the applicant, could be so blunt during the interview.

"Why do you want to work here?"

Well, I hear you pay very well, give a large number of days off, have great benefits and you are close to my house and the airport so I can fly after work."

"Give me a situation where you faced a challenge at your previous employer?"

To be honest the largest challenge was dragging my ass out of bed every morning. I can't really give you one example since it all sort of blended together into one long year in a day sort of thing and on my last day I wiped my memory.
Someone who gets it.

I'm so proud.

-mini

Note to the 20 post guy who may or may not be talking crap/ruining my thread:

I can't see youtube videos.

Note to the 20 post guy who may or may not be talking crap/ruining my thread:

I can't see youtube videos.

nope not trying to ruin your thread, just posted a video, of a pastor, who was actually asking money for a Jesus Plane. And apparently he has an actual jesus plane (a king air).

best of luck to you and your job hunting expeditions.

Do you have a number? I have prior Jesus plane experience and will move anywhere warm!:nana2:

the only info I could find online, is his website. I dont know man, the guy seems bogus, no info no nothing.

heres the website http://prayerhour.com/

like i said i dont know if this guy is for real.

BTW, what are jesus planes? Is it special charters for religious groups? Just Wondering.

the only info I could find online, is his website. I dont know man, the guy seems bogus, no info no nothing.

heres the website http://prayerhour.com/

like i said i dont know if this guy is for real.

BTW, what are jesus planes? Is it special charters for religious groups? Just Wondering.

UGH! It is a joke. A very obvious satire. Although I'd probably trust the guy more than Joel Osteen.

Um.

It was a bunch of polished C150's and a 210 with some Jesus written on the sides. We took them to airshows all around the west coast and to Oshkosh. We'd hang out by them for the whole show and usually had a bazillion kids come since we were one of the few where they could go inside. So I explained how ailerons work and heard a bunch of old guys say "I soloed in that" and occasionally got the chance to talk about substitutionary atonement.

UGH! It is a joke. A very obvious satire. Although I'd probably trust the guy more than Joel Osteen.

Um.

It was a bunch of polished C150's and a 210 with some Jesus written on the sides. We took them to airshows all around the west coast and to Oshkosh. We'd hang out by them for the whole show and usually had a bazillion kids come since we were one of the few where they could go inside. So I explained how ailerons work and heard a bunch of old guys say "I soloed in that" and occasionally got the chance to talk about substitutionary atonement.

oh okay, sounds like a cool side gig to have

Back