very humbling experience

Baronpilot244

Killick Stoker
Went for breakfast this morning in Nashville TN as is my usual habit when I fly here. Anyway the manager comes to my table and says that my tab has been paid. Somewhat taken aback I looked around to see who had stood my meal, but the manager said the customer had already left and is a 3 tour Iraq veteran. The guy has made it a point if he sees a pilot eating to buy him his meal for bringing him home safely to his family.

I Thought about this for a moment and then began to get quite choked up.

So to the gentleman who bought me breakfast today - it is we who should be thanking you, sir.
And to the servicemen and women who are on this forum and may be far away from home - thank you, we are forever in your debt.

BP244

Damn man. I wouldn't know what to say. It's the little things in this industry that count! I say stop the whining about it, after reading this. If you don't like it, GET OUT. POW/MIA We Will Never Forget.

That's pretty cool, BaronPilot!

If you don't like it, GET OUT..

:whatever:

That's what the philosophy of our country has come to? Not "If you don't like it, work to change it"? I thought the great thing was that if you had different ideas, you could voice them and work for change....

That's pretty cool, BaronPilot!

:whatever:

That's what the philosophy of our country has come to? Not "If you don't like it, work to change it"?

I didn't know I was the voice for the whole country?! Sweet! Well in that case drop the cheeseburger and FTF [fly the fine] airplane. ;) All in favor?

Geeze, I got all choked up just reading the little story. That's awesome and I completely agree that the armed forces are owed a debt of gratitude
....now if that would only translate into decent VA benefits as well as a total change in VA philosophy from suspicion to caring.....maybe the next president could do this?!?

went for breakfast this morning in nashville tn as is my usual habit when i fly here. Anyway the manager comes to my table and says that my tab has been paid. Somewhat taken aback i looked around to see who had stood my meal, but the manager said the customer had already left and is a 3 tour iraq veteran. The guy has made it a point if he sees a pilot eating to buy him his meal for bringing him home safely to his family.

I thought about this for a moment and then began to get quite choked up.

so to the gentleman who bought me breakfast today - it is we who should be thanking you, sir.
And to the servicemen and women who are on this forum and may be far away from home - thank you, we are forever in your debt.

bp244

hear hear

Very humbling indeed..... Wow.

The last time Bill commuted up from ATL there was a serviceman trying to get home. The flight was oversold and for some reason he wasn't going to get on, not sure why. (Booked on later flight, standby for that one maybe, not sure.) Anyway Bill felt bad because if he had a seat he could give the guy he would have. He couldn't give the serviceman the jumpseat though!

I flew on AirTran last weekend for the first time and was glad to see that the crew made a DAMN GOOD effort to see to it that all the service members were brought up to business class. Kudos to the crew...but the FO looked like he was unemployed 'cause he needed a haircut...BAD!!! And I thought it was just the RJ kids that looked "unprofessional"....:)

I flew on AirTran last weekend for the first time and was glad to see that the crew made a DAMN GOOD effort to see to it that all the service members were brought up to business class. Kudos to the crew...but the FO looked like he was unemployed 'cause he needed a haircut...BAD!!! And I thought it was just the RJ kids that looked "unprofessional"....:)

Hey GM,

I just rode on Airtran for the first time a couple of months ago and was pleasantly surprised by their service. I paid the $40 for the upgrade, the service in business was probably better than most legacy domestic first at a very reasonable price, but they put a new Marine recruit next to me (complimentary upgrade); he was 20 but that didn't keep him out of the rum and coke :D. Hell, if you can be ordered into harm's way in service to our nation, the under 21 rule goes out the window as far as I'm concerned. Go Airtran!

Back