Venezuela to buy Chinese Combat Aircraft

They can get all the pretty fighter jets they want. You still need GOOD pilots to fly them. Two Raptors could knock out most of their air force within an hour.

What is a K-8 anyway?

K-8_3view.jpg

the
k-8 is similar to the L-39. first flt in early 90s. not a new machine but probably very cheap. still, it will be a huge leap from the k-8 to the su-27 that the "fat boy" just bought

"The purchases will be made as part of a six-country tour, Chavez said in his broadcast of the "Alo President" television program from the Miraflores presidential palace in Caracas, hours before leaving on a "strategic interest" trip to Cuba, China, Russia, Belarus, France and Portugal"

Glad to know we have the same friends :D

Oh hell, if you throw a couple hard points on a 757, you can whip a bad pilot in the most badass jet.

If he bought something new and shiney from Russia that might be something. I don't think those are going to be a big threat to anything but the locals.

Once again, looking from an unbiased perspective, what exactly is wrong with this? Just because they aren't buying from us doesn't mean they're wrong.

Our allies buy equipment from us. What's wrong with Venezuela buying equipment from their allies?

This is the P-99. Designed to take out Q400s that get in my way on my last leg home to EWR.

Attachments

• 1_P993_baixa(2).jpg
    1_P993_baixa(2).jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 57
Do you see a war as likely?

No definitely not.

Once again, looking from an unbiased perspective, what exactly is wrong with this? Just because they aren't buying from us doesn't mean they're wrong.

Our allies buy equipment from us. What's wrong with Venezuela buying equipment from their allies?

You're totally correct. They have every right to buy whatever they want.

The less-than-chummy feeling that some Americans feel toward Hugo is rooted in his open hostility toward the US.

It's more humorous than anything. It's Hugo's thought that he can actually make himself into a world power player simply by having big oil reserves and a bigger mouth that is ludicrous.

How that plays into this discussion is his belief that simply by buying Flankers and trainers that he will suddenly have a world-class air force. Well, guess what Hugo -- You've gotta know how to use 'em in addition to having them. Ethiopia and Angola have Flankers, too, and that doesn't make them a world-class air force. Even more important is that support structure that the airplanes fly in -- integration with other sensor and support aircraft -- which Venezuela does not have.

The only really pay attention is because Venezuela is in the same hemisphere as the US. Still not close enough to fly Flankers to our shores, but a lot closer than Africa.

I don't have any particular feelings about Venezuela, other than it might be a pretty interesting place to visit on vacation. I don't really like Chavez, though. Probably very similar to how some people feel about the United States! :)

No definitely not.

You're totally correct. They have every right to buy whatever they want.

The less-than-chummy feeling that some Americans feel toward Hugo is rooted in his open hostility toward the US.

It's more humorous than anything. It's Hugo's thought that he can actually make himself into a world power player simply by having big oil reserves and a bigger mouth that is ludicrous.

How that plays into this discussion is his belief that simply by buying Flankers and trainers that he will suddenly have a world-class air force. Well, guess what Hugo -- You've gotta know how to use 'em in addition to having them. Ethiopia and Angola have Flankers, too, and that doesn't make them a world-class air force. Even more important is that support structure that the airplanes fly in -- integration with other sensor and support aircraft -- which Venezuela does not have.

The only really pay attention is because Venezuela is in the same hemisphere as the US. Still not close enough to fly Flankers to our shores, but a lot closer than Africa.

I don't have any particular feelings about Venezuela, other than it might be a pretty interesting place to visit on vacation. I don't really like Chavez, though. Probably very similar to how some people feel about the United States! :)
first off, the most important point has yet to be made....
Venezuelan chicks are hotttttttttttt!!!!!!

So they are buying Chinese crap. Yes crap. Worry more if they are buying something from Europe. China sells their crappy stuff to anyone. They are the Kmart of the arms market.

Back