Vacuum

[ QUOTE ]
Man, Doug...if you're going to make Kristie do the vacuuming, you can at least buy her a Dyson!

[/ QUOTE ]

That;s so sad....I was think the same thing about the Dyson. We bought one a few months ago and while expensive, it is by far the best vacuum.
grin.gif

i dunno... a vaccuum without a bag - like i really wanna see those bugs??
insane.gif

question that would make/break the sale - how well does it pick up cat hair and/or my hair (i lose a ton of it on a daily basis)?

The Dyson picks up everything...it is awesome.

The real test, which we did and were amazed:

We vacuumed with our old vacuum one last time when we got the Dyson home (at our Best Buy sales person's recommendation). Then took out the Dyson and vacuumed. The stuff that thing picked up less than 5 minutes after just vacuuming...it was amazing.

And I rather enjoy seeing what it picks up out of our carpet.

Being a former door to door vacuum cleaner salesmen, ( if you can afford it ) get a Kirby.

Depending on how good the salesmen is, a new one would run you between $600 and $1500 .

Just looked on Ebay and you can get the newest model for about 150 bucks.

We have a Kirby GV and must admit it really does a great job. All the accessories make it really good also

Slow day in the old JC forums if the hot topic is vacuums...

Then again, I want to warn everyone not to turn this thread into the usual heated airliners.net flamewar...

You know, "Dyson versus Kirby"...
grin.gif

(Oh, and here is the
sarcasm.gif
in case you thought I was serious in any of the above; well, maybe my first statement was serious... )

My folks had a rainbow vaccume with the water tank in the bottom that worked great for about 15 year before it died. It was just like the one that was on that episode of Everybody Loves Raymond.

[ QUOTE ]
Being a former door to door vacuum cleaner salesmen, ( if you can afford it ) get a Kirby.

Depending on how good the salesmen is, a new one would run you between $600 and $1500 .

Just looked on Ebay and you can get the newest model for about 150 bucks.

[/ QUOTE ]too funny..my family used to have a kirby and it worked from the day i started using it (hmmm about 6 maybe?) to the day i walked out for college (that's be 17)! altho, it was pretty darn worn out by college! hahaha

I never really did like it much though cuz it was a hard vaccuum to push - lotsa work - no power steering at the time.
banghead.gif

[ QUOTE ]
i dunno... a vaccuum without a bag - like i really wanna see those bugs??
insane.gif

question that would make/break the sale - how well does it pick up cat hair and/or my hair (i lose a ton of it on a daily basis)?

[/ QUOTE ]

We have a cat as well and it picks it up extremely well. Once when vacuuming there wre some plastic toy pieces that were left and I did not see them. I heard the crunching when I went over them but couldn't find them. After soem looking, there were in the canister. Sure Kirby's are good, but if you look at it as a dollar for dollar value, you won't even come close to the Dyson.

If you are a member of Costco or Sam's, take a test drive. Dyson now has another unit somewhat different than the one that they show in the TV ads. Seems rather expensive for all that plastic. The R & D costs must have been high don't ya know?

Back