VA disability benefits

speedbug

Are VA disability benefits required to be reported? After all, VA disability is not based on your ability to work, only the injury you sustained. The VA trained me to fly in their Vocational Rehabilitation Program after full disclosure that I was working just fine as an Air Traffic Controller and have continued to pay me for the last 15 years knowing full well I was employed as an Airline Pilot.

Re: Changes to Form 8500-8

Are VA disability benefits required to be reported? After all, VA disability is not based on your ability to work, only the injury you sustained. The VA trained me to fly in their Vocational Rehabilitation Program after full disclosure that I was working just fine as an Air Traffic Controller and have continued to pay me for the last 15 years knowing full well I was employed as an Airline Pilot.

Report the VA disability on the new form (to be out in September) and just explain the VA disability. They have said the VA stuff in general will not be an issue (there may be some conditions that are DQ, i.e., psychiatric problems). DO NOT ignore the question, that may open up the FRAUD issue and you don't want to go there with the Feds.

Re: Changes to Form 8500-8

So on the new forms it will ask about any VA disability? I don't recall it asking on the form I filled out for my ATCS Class II.

The ATC forms may be different. The new forms will not be used until late September so the questions have not been used yet.

Back