USAF woes.

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
First, at my base, the Colonel running the Maintenance Group is fired, now at Luke, they go back to "the old school", and more firings commence.......

Not like it was Tailhook or anything like that. Back in the day, apparently, "stag parties" were the norm at O'Clubs "back rooms"........

From the Tucson Citizen, 4 Oct.

[qoute]

Commanders at Luke punished over strip show

The Associated Press

PHOENIX - Two commanders at Luke Air Force Base have been relieved of their command after two strippers performed on the base at a ceremony for new pilots.
Lt. Col. Anthony Comtois, who led an operations group, and Lt. Col. Leonard Dick, who headed a fighter squadron that was part of Comtois' group, were removed from their leadership positions.

Six other airmen were also named in the investigation conducted by a military official from Davis-Monthan Air Force Base in Tucson.

A Luke spokesman said there was no sexual contact with the strippers.

An investigator discovered that a student pilot arranged for the strippers to participate in a Sept. 5 ceremony in which pilots are given their nicknames after their first solo flights, said Lt. Col. Laurent Fox, a Luke spokesman.

"Obviously, this was a severe lapse in judgment by those involved," Fox said. "It violates the core values of the Air Force."

Other airmen were present, but Fox said that only the two commanders and six airmen, some active duty and some reserve, were involved in the stripping incident.

Fox said legal departments at Luke received the investigative report Friday and will review it so that officials can decide whether further disciplinary measures are needed.

Luke is the only active-duty F-16 training base in the country.

Each year, it graduates about 1,000 pilots and 1,000 crew chiefs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems kinf of extreme. If it is written clearly in the rules or guidelines and those were specifically violated then I understand, but if not it seems like just a warning and an update to clarify policy is all that should be called for.

[ QUOTE ]
Seems kinf of extreme. If it is written clearly in the rules or guidelines and those were specifically violated then I understand, but if not it seems like just a warning and an update to clarify policy is all that should be called for.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure some policies were violated; my point was that times sure have changed towards the conservative........

I'll say. You should hear some of the stories from the guys I fly with. Non-repeatables on the website, I might add!

Back