USAF Dispatcher Job

Are you a line dispatcher or do you hold an ATS designation, trainer, ASAP Committee member, etc.? Anything to separate from the pack. I came very close to applying, but relocating on my own dime didn't sound too appealing (plus I couldn't find my DD214 at the last second). I could possibly commute it and drive the 5.5 one way per week, but, I let this one go by.

I'm employed, worldwide heavy jet experience, and with us announcing hiring over 850 pilots in the next 18-24 months, there will be new DX to eventually come with that, so I'd like to think I'm pretty safe where I am right now...

For today anyway...
Just a line dispatcher and a veteran

Just got the "not referred" on USA JOBS hmm I've been a dispatcher for 10+ years/ aviation over 20 and I am a veteran and I and still didn't even get an interview. They are looking for someone specific. Good Luck
Probably looking for someone with an active security clearance. Otherwise, it's a 1+ year wait after hire until you can do real work.

Just got the "not referred" on USA JOBS hmm I've been a dispatcher for 10+ years/ aviation over 20 and I am a veteran and I and still didn't even get an interview. They are looking for someone specific. Good Luck
I have a feeling they already had the position filled, but are required to advertise the job. I too have 20 years service in AMC, and even on the receiving end of their direct work. As well as experience in the 121 world, and actually doing this very job as a contractor for another country. I too got the "not referred" reply.

Two new posts.

Back in the day, I was .. acquainted I guess is the best word.. with the gentleman that ran this operation. He had been a dispatcher at a former carrier before getting hired at Scott and would often call our dispatch office and give us a heads up on these positions. Talking to him once I recall the money wasn’t bad. They did do a “Fam ride” at the time. His goal was to run a “121 operation” there as much as possible. But of course there was no reciprocals or travel benefits.

I do recall the advice to get through the USAjobs portal you needed to make sure your resume had a lot of the same words as the posting. The persons filtering them only had the posting info to go by and no aviation or airline knowledge.

I have a feeling they already had the position filled, but are required to advertise the job. I too have 20 years service in AMC, and even on the receiving end of their direct work. As well as experience in the 121 world, and actually doing this very job as a contractor for another country. I too got the "not referred" reply.
Gotta wonder why they are required to advert the job if its already filled. Seems like a waste of everyones time. HRs, the applicants, and the USAJOBS folks.

Gotta wonder why they are required to advert the job if its already filled. Seems like a waste of everyones time. HRs, the applicants, and the USAJOBS folks.

It's just the government doing what they do best. Wasting everyone's time and money :)

Very difficult to get into if you don’t meet the requirements they list. Too bad for a regular off the street person, but auto TBNT makes sense if those requirements are not met.

Attachments

• A02DD48A-50CE-49C3-8682-9DD81C3A4DF9.jpeg
    A02DD48A-50CE-49C3-8682-9DD81C3A4DF9.jpeg
    842 KB · Views: 53
Back