USA Jet Furloughs

mnixon

I got the ax yesterday with about 40-50 other people. They canned the whole training department too so this must be long term. I hate airline CEO's. :banghead:

Totally sucks. The way I heard it, there was no heads up at all, just "thanks for playing, here's your pink slip". Is that true? On the off chance anyone has 135 mins and wants for some unknown reason to live in STL, I know a guy who was looking for some pilots for a navajo/caravan passenger startup down here about a month ago. It's pretty thin, but PM me if you want a phone number. Best of luck to you all.

Yeah this really sucks. Kinda funny how just the other night I was thinking how good I had it. Perfect timing too, My 700 dollar a month student loan just kicked in this month.

Hey Matt maybe Im heading back your way. Called the big man and he said he maybe able to make room for me but nothing official yet. Looks like Im back to hanger living.

Anyone know how to get schooling in unemployment. If I can Id like to retrain and get a real job.

dbrault17 said:
Hey Matt maybe Im heading back your way. Called the big man and he said he maybe able to make room for me but nothing official yet. Looks like Im back to hanger living.

Always glad to have you in town, ladykiller. If you recall, I had a similar experience of returning to the Big Bling at CPS. Here's to not burning bridges. First rounds on me if you get back down here.

debrault17 said:
Anyone know how to get schooling in unemployment. If I can Id like to retrain and get a real job.

The laws are Byzantine and depend not only on your state, but your locality. Google "WIA" or "Workforce improvement act" and get your reading glasses on. From what I've heard, there isn't the crazy money in it there used to be (in some places, anyway), but every little bit counts. Hope you land on your feet.

Back