US Army Flight Physical

HVYMETALDRVR

Hey just looking for a favor here on this one... One of my closest friends is trying his darndest to go direct entry WOCS and then flight school as an Apache pilot. He's a good guy with a good resume and he has a good shot, he's also prior service enlisted as well. Anyways his problem is that his recruiters aren't doing much to help and can't find an Army (or civilian if this is possible?) doctor to do his flight physical. He is currently located in the Nashville TN area, does anyone know of a doctor and have contact info?

I'm in the Army myself so I know his frustrations he's been getting the run around on this for a solid month... anyways any help you guys can offer is greatly appreciated.:D

I'm not sure what all is required for him as a civilian to get a part I scheduled. Being located in Nashville I'm sure he could accomplish everything he needs at Campbell provided he can procure the necessary paperwork. For contact info there find the hospital's number on the Fort Campbell public website, call it, and track down the number for the aviation clinic.

Okay, I'll mention this to him. I'm not sure if he's called the hospital at Campbell but I know he's called the post and he's been getting the run around from them to.

Anyways his problem is that his recruiters aren't doing much to help and can't find an Army (or civilian if this is possible?) doctor to do his flight physical.

I am trying to do the same thing and am having the same problem with my recruiter.....Any contacts with Ft. Riley?

Sounds like the recruiters aren't doing their job. He could always ask his recruiter to talk to his CO. That might make things happen.

Sounds like the recruiters aren't doing their job. He could always ask his recruiter to talk to his CO. That might make things happen.

I personally like to see the looks on the recruiter’s faces when something gets accomplished without them. But you are right, after the big recruiter suicide episode a couple of years ago, the recruiters are on an easy street of sorts compared to years passed. :)

I personally like to see the looks on the recruiter’s faces when something gets accomplished without them. But you are right, after the big recruiter suicide episode a couple of years ago, the recruiters are on an easy street of sorts compared to years passed. :)

I meant nothing against all recruieters out there. God knows how rough that job has to be, but setting up an appointment for a flight physical can't be impossible for them. All perspective crew chiefs and ATC have to get flight physicals as well. I was fortunate to have an awesome recruiter years ago and I don't remember getting a flight physical as a civilian being a huge issue.

I meant nothing against all recruieters out there. God knows how rough that job has to be, but setting up an appointment for a flight physical can't be impossible for them. All perspective crew chiefs and ATC have to get flight physicals as well. I was fortunate to have an awesome recruiter years ago and I don't remember getting a flight physical as a civilian being a huge issue.

I don't think getting someone a flight physical is a huge issue either (with exception of the deployment cycle). I have seen at times, under these new recruiter rules, that there is a lack of willingness to go above and beyond any longer. That is why I would like to see the look on their faces. As for the recruiting job... with the economy in a disarray and the military slated to shrink in the near term future, there are people lined up to get in so most recruiters are sitting on easy street. I think we are saying the same thing only different verbiage.

This is probably late. But I had a buddy who went into the high school to flight school program and If i remember correcntly he got it at the LOCAL MEPS STATION. Could always try MEPS? or if not def. contact Ft. Campbell if things get rough let me know I got some buddies in 160th.

Yup. PM me with your questions and I'll do my best to help you out.

Got Flight Physical part 1 done Friday and will do part 2 on Tuesday....Thanks to another JC member paying it forward!

And Yes, the Recruiter's face was pretty good when he went to look up the phone number to call and I gave it to him!

Got Flight Physical part 1 done Friday and will do part 2 on Tuesday....Thanks to another JC member paying it forward!

And Yes, the Recruiter's face was pretty good when he went to look up the phone number to call and I gave it to him!

Make sure you wash your bum, the flight doc at Riley has rather large knuckles FYI.

Anyone have any good contacts at Ft. Bragg? Sounds like this is a recurring issue. My recruiter is taking months just to get a flight physical scheduled.

Back