US Airways SUCKS!!!

Plus, talk to the people. They really have no idea what's going on behind the scenes at all. If it's gone absolutely pear-shaped, tell 'em! :) Seriously! Personally, if I'm sitting on a blistering aircraft in the middle of summer for an hour and my only respite is buying a $2 coke once we're finally in the air, all that wonderment of the crew not killing me, traveling at 500 mph and landing on a narrow piece of runway thousands of miles away isn't going to amount to a hill of beans.

Worst comes to worst, we've gone from near anarchy to everyone thinking we're the shiznit just with a craftily-worded PA.

I dunno, that's just how I roll.

Agree, this the key. Most people can generally handle bad news if they feel someone is being honest with them. What they can't handle is no news or the feeling that someone isn't doing anything on their behalf.

I made a PA the other day before leaving the gate that stated that the crew might encounter some FAA duty restrictions that might force us to return to the gate after a certain amount of time waiting on departure clearance. I also told them we were doing everything possible to ensure that didn't happen, but I could make no promises. In the end we made it but the FA told me the passengers appreciated the honesty.

As far as just refusing the plane? Eh, you can try but do it more than a few times and you'll end up doing a carpet dance. The problem is, if you refuse it, some other crew will just take it and that takes away pretty much any wampoom you may have as a captain.

Sounds like it's time for some flat tires or a soap party? Why in the world would another crew undermine a coworker like that? The thought wouldn't even cross my mind.

Some RJ captains need a lesson in captain's authority and need to quit worrying so much about getting in trouble for making the RIGHT decisions.

Those of us that fly a lot, do chose the airlines we fly on, so customer service does make a difference. Your average joe schmoe (you can find them at TSA unpacking their bags and emptying their water bottles) who travels once every couple of years only cares about what the ticket costs. I guess the airline industry needs to decide who to cater to, Joe Schmoe, or your frequent travelers.

Why is it people complain about a $2 bottle of water on an airplane but seem more than willing to pay it (and more) at a conert venue or sporting event??? It is what it is. Obviously enough people out there willing to pay for it.

Becuase they think their $200+ ticket entitles them to the world. People liked it when the barebones airlines like skybus and jetblue promised low fares , but now that everything is getting more expensive they dont want to pay!

Why is it people complain about a $2 bottle of water on an airplane but seem more than willing to pay it (and more) at a conert venue or sporting event??? It is what it is. Obviously enough people out there willing to pay for it.

Its harder to get off the airplane and go purchase an alternative. You're free to leave a concert if you wish...kinda hard to leave an airplane once the door is closed.

I'm sorry I do take arriving alive for granted. The same way I take not being killed by negligence for granted when I go to see the doctor. Its not something that you should have be advertise: 'US Airways -- we don't kill you!' If thats all they have going for them then they're FUBAR.

No idea why but this is about the funniest thing I've heard or read all day. :yup:

I'm sorry I do take arriving alive for granted. The same way I take not being killed by negligence for granted when I go to see the doctor. Its not something that you should have be advertise: 'US Airways -- we don't kill you!' If thats all they have going for them then they're FUBAR.
Cross FUBRR at and maintain FL270. ;)

About as much as USAPA has to do with the OP.

The animosity that uSAPa and the East has created is directly related to the horrible customer service that you find on USAirways. Ever ride on AWA prior to this damned merger? Great group of employees with good attitudes and better customer service than most of the industry. That's all gone the way of the Dodo now. The East poisons everything that they touch.

The animosity that uSAPa and the East has created is directly related to the horrible customer service that you find on USAirways. Ever ride on AWA prior to this damned merger? Great group of employees with good attitudes and better customer service than most of the industry. That's all gone the way of the Dodo now. The East poisons everything that they touch.

Bull....I bet 90% of the employees that aren't pilots are hardly even aware of the high school drama that is ALPA vs USAPA.

Bull....I bet 90% of the employees that aren't pilots are hardly even aware of the high school drama that is ALPA vs USAPA.

It is a little more serious than high school drama.

You really don't talk that highly of ALPA or PCL128. Before you continue to be so vocal about it, dissing PCL128 for his posts, why don't you go volunteer for a position? We have a long way to go in this industry, and changes really need to be made. The only way to make those changes is if we get involved early.

You would lose that bet.

Yep. Gate agents, rampers, flight attendants, etc are very aware what is going on with USAPA and ALPA at Airways.

Back