US Airways non-rev costs increase

Here's a little slice of sunday non-sequitur trivia for ya. Apparently, my pre-jetcareers website was in an article in US Airways magazine back in 1996. I never saw it, but apparently it was there.

While I'm on my horse... Airways used to have Attache, which was a award winning, hugely successful inflight business magazine. It won all kinds of awards. Then Dougie P came along and we now have this "US Airways Magazine" which is about 80% ads, 15% generic articles and 5% original content. But that's ok... all the vacation travelers they are trying to attract want to read all about the latest property deals in Vegas or Scottsdale.

Ok, I'm done. I'm just sort of frustrated that TWO YEARS after they changed the from SABRE to SHARES you still can't reliably get upflight info.

Last time I was on a westie flight, it DID seem like 99% Las Vegas condos and/or timeshares.

So, basically what Parker did was buy US Airways and turn it into America West on steroids. Might have worked out if SWA didn't already have a foothold in pretty much every market they serve. All it served to do was alienate those that actually preferred US Airways.

Attache...haha.......I really dont care about the ads...You're just trying to make it through the flight without hanging yourself, so the more stuff to kill time (more pages) the better. These "benefits" are starting to be useless....I guess i dont have to worry about usair benefits anyways.

All it served to do was alienate those that actually preferred US Airways.

IMHO it's in US Airways best interest to tell the FFocus customers to go kick rocks. They are a group of customers making a big stink and generating negative PR because the airline adapted to its competition, which as you said is in large part, Southwest.

All it served to do was alienate those that actually preferred US Airways.

IMHO it's in US Airways best interest to tell the FFocus customers to go kick rocks. They are a group of customers making a big stink and generating negative PR because the airline adapted to its competition, which as you said is in large part, Southwest.

I'm all for adapting, but last time I checked, the adaptation didn't help them in the financial dept. Maybe NOT alienating those customers woulda at least given them some additionaly income. Now, those customers are saying "Well, if I'm gonna be forced to fly a SWA-like carrier, I'll go with the one that costs the least." If that's SWA, then US Air just lost $$$. If it's US Air, they're more than likely operating the flight at a loss and losing $$$ anyway. The problem is, like Ethan said, it's three years down the road, and they haven't trimmed the fat. Fat wastes money. If you wanna be like SWA, fine. But you're gonna have to streamline your operations and ACT like SWA, not just say you're like them. Plus, SWA doesn't get all dreamy-eyed over every merger opportunity that creeps up. Wonder why....

Back