Urine Test?

clayfenderstrat

What does the flight surgeon check for in the urine test? I'm just curious; when I went for mine a year or so ago, they told me that everything was fine, but they didn't say what they checked for. I am just wandering how thorough these exams are.

Thanks!

I'm guessing that would be to check for diabetes, but I'm not sure what other types of disqualifying diseases you could find in a urine sample.
Do they check for any opiates or things like that?

Just diabetes and chronic kidney disease - thus the protein. They do not check for drugs.

Wouldn't you think it would be a good idea to test for drugs while you're in there anyways? Besides a job app. and a random check from the FAA, when else are you ever going to get tested?

It'd probably be a good idea to check on your cylinder compression during a oil change too, but...

:)

I spilled some protein when I was younger and it was a pain in the butt to get tested. I guess they came to a conclusion that some teenagers spill protein until they are 20 years old and then it goes away. I just got my first class awhile ago and I am protein free.

It'd probably be a good idea to check on your cylinder compression during a oil change too, but...

Well it would be silly to check that during an oil change cuz you'd have to go out of your way to remove the plugs. As a matter of fact I do check my cylinder compression when I change my plugs though. :D

Are you interested in adding another $50-60 to the cost of the medical?? Don't ask for it if you don't want to do it.

Back