UPT Candidate C-5M Dover AFB

brian99

The 709th Airlift Squadron at Dover AFB is accepting UPT applications to fly the C-5M. Applications are due Nov 20th for January interview dates. See the below memo and feel free to contact me with any questions. All application material should be sent to Capt. Ryan Moate.

MEMORANDUM FOR UPT APPLICANTS
202 Liberty Way
Dover AFB DE 19902
DSN 445-3768/ Commercial (302) 677-3768
ryan.moate@us.af.mil
Subject: Undergraduate Pilot Training Candidate Information
1. Thank you for your interest in becoming a pilot with the 709th Airlift Squadron. The following information is to
help you get selected for one of these sought-after positions. We do accept resumes and applications without all of
the listed requirements and you can update your file as requirements are accomplished. Please forward a package to
the Chief of Hiring at the above address or e-mail containing as much of the following information as possible.
a. 4 year college degree (or graduation scheduled within 180 days).
b. Minimum: Private Pilot Rating. 100 flight hours as a pilot with your FAA Instrument Rating are highly desirable.
c. AFOQT
d. Test of Basic Aviation Skills (TBAS). This test is a tool used to assist the Air Force Reserve selection board to
measure psychomotor skills, cognitive abilities, motivation and vigilance.
e. An Air Force Class 1 flying physical with an endorsement, “OTS/UPT Qualified”, and be certified by HQ
AETC/SG (note: it takes approximately 60 days for AETC/SG to complete this endorsement). This physical is
accomplished after the unit has offered you a position, not prior to the interview.
f. College Transcripts (Official or Unofficial)
g. Significant civilian work experience in a position of responsibility.
h. At least three letters of recommendation speaking to the issues of airmanship and officer potential.
i. Prior Service: Please include a copy of all EPR/OPR (evaluations) and provide several military references
2. If you meet these minimum qualifications, you may be considered and scheduled for an interview with the Squadron
UPT Screening Board. This interview will normally be held during the Unit Training Assembly (UTA). The
interview itself is not an indication that you will be sponsored by us. Final selection is accomplished by the Air
Force Reserve Board, which normally meets every eight weeks throughout the year.
3. If you are selected, you will be expected to serve as a full time reservist during pilot training (approx. 16 months) and
for at least 8-12 months with the squadron for seasoning training. The specific number of seasoning days depends on
available funding for that particular fiscal year. The purpose of seasoning training is to build a minimum base of
military C-5 flying experience.
4. We want to thank you for your interest in 709th Airlift Squadron. Please keep your application package current.

I read all the stories about the military pilot shortage, but i spoke with my local KC135 Reserve unit and they said "no age waivers...sorry". When i was active duty, i remember being told "anything can get wavered."

I would love to fly for a Reserve unit if they would consider a waiver for a 35 y/o.

I read all the stories about the military pilot shortage, but i spoke with my local KC135 Reserve unit and they said "no age waivers...sorry". When i was active duty, i remember being told "anything can get wavered."

I would love to fly for a Reserve unit if they would consider a waiver for a 35 y/o.

Save here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The "shortage" is middle ranks on up. They aren't having any problems getting new suckers. 35 is the statutory commissioning cutoff for line officers by federal law, so nobody will give you a waiver. You wouldn't even be able to apply for any other line jobs at your age.

I've heard prior service will count toward max age. So if you served four years, max age would be 34. Might of been the Army I heard this about though.

Hmmm I wonder about lateral service transfers, if your already commissioned/ rated aviator...

Back