UPS May 21

I did, but the posting looked interesting. I thought people usually start out as assistant dispatchers? This was just for "dispatchers".

Wow, that wasn't up for long. Good luck to everyone who applied!

With regards to assistant dispatchers - the only airline I know of that hires everyone as an assistant first is Southwest.

Wow, that wasn't up for long. Good luck to everyone who applied!

With regards to assistant dispatchers - the only airline I know of that hires everyone as an assistant first is Southwest.

L-AA before workgroups merged hired new dispatchers as assistants first.

Probably June I heard, class of one. It was posted by 2am when I happened to check.
Requirements were 4 years Domestic or 2 years International, college degree preferred.
Seems they feel they can be more selective with the current situation. I imagine there will be another posting in December or January for 2-5 depending on retirements.

Was working up an app, but one? I dont think that's worth effort just yet. Five seems more appealing, hoping that'll come around.

I don't know many other airlines that would hire a class on one. Many have a min number to make it worthwhile in economic and staffing factors.

I don't know many other airlines that would hire a class on one. Many have a min number to make it worthwhile in economic and staffing factors.

According to a friend there, UPS has done it before and will likely do it again. I agree that it doesn't make much sense.

According to a friend there, UPS has done it before and will likely do it again. I agree that it doesn't make much sense.
At only 1/4 or 1/5 the size of passenger majors it’s like hiring for 4 or 5 people. Plus I think there’s going to be a couple new management people to go through training as well.

Anyone out there that shows the same status?

Congratulations! You have now completed the application for employment at UPS. The next step in the process is to schedule an appointment to come in to a UPS facility or to a recruiting location. After choosing an appointment time, you will be given directions to the facility and told what to expect at the appointment and what to bring.

Anyone out there that shows the same status?

Congratulations! You have now completed the application for employment at UPS. The next step in the process is to schedule an appointment to come in to a UPS facility or to a recruiting location. After choosing an appointment time, you will be given directions to the facility and told what to expect at the appointment and what to bring.
Same!

Has anyone that applied received a call yet? I received the same message as the previous two posts, but unfortunately it said no more dates are available to choose from.
Also, the Application still says “Active”, which I assume is a good thing.

Has anyone that applied received a call yet? I received the same message as the previous two posts, but unfortunately it said no more dates are available to choose from.
Also, the Application still says “Active”, which I assume is a good thing.

Same status, no word yet. They are looking for one dispatcher, I wouldn't be surprised if they have already picked one up and the rest of the applications will stay active for years, just like my last app is still active from 2020.

Last edited:
Same status, no word yet. They are looking for one dispatcher, I wouldn't be surprised if they have already picked one up and the rest of the applications will stay active for years, just like my last app is still active from 2020.
I did hear they may hire again this year for a bigger class, 2 or more. There might be extra interviewing going on for later starts. Not sure to be honest, I can’t keep up with all of the changes to the hiring process.

Back