UPS May 21

For anyone still curious, I was one of the 6 (supposed) interviews they did (apparently I was actually the first one) and this was last Monday (May 24th). My other co-worker buddy also got an interview (both were on Zoom) on May 27th. It's been a week for him and almost 2 weeks for me and we still haven't received a phone call with either a yes or no. Our other-other buddy who works at UPS as a Dispatcher already has also said they still haven't hired anyone yet as of yesterday.

During my interview, they told me that they would be starting a class by the end of this month, so I would imagine if we don't hear back today, then Monday at the latest. But everything still seems to be up in the air (no pun intended).

For anyone still curious, I was one of the 6 (supposed) interviews they did (apparently I was actually the first one) and this was last Monday (May 24th). My other co-worker buddy also got an interview (both were on Zoom) on May 27th. It's been a week for him and almost 2 weeks for me and we still haven't received a phone call with either a yes or no. Our other-other buddy who works at UPS as a Dispatcher already has also said they still haven't hired anyone yet as of yesterday.

During my interview, they told me that they would be starting a class by the end of this month, so I would imagine if we don't hear back today, then Monday at the latest. But everything still seems to be up in the air (no pun intended).
Good luck! I waited 5 weeks so I feel your pain!

Has anyone that applied received a call yet? I received the same message as the previous two posts, but unfortunately it said no more dates are available to choose from.
Also, the Application still says “Active”, which I assume is a good thing.
My application from May 2020 still shows active, so I don't think it means much.

I heard a late summer/fall class is likely, 3-4 was the rumor.
Good to hear! Unfortunately, it sounds like if you have an interview and don't get a job offer, you're basically blacklisted from ever having another interview. That's at least what my UPS buddy said, which sucks because it means me and my other work buddy are precluded from ever getting another shot if that's true. It seems kind of stupid to punish the other 5 good candidates when you're only hiring 1, especially if the decision was a close one. Probably just HR BS.

EDIT: And just an FYI, me and my work buddy (and I presume the other 3 candidates who didn't get it) STILL haven't received a phone call from UPS telling us "no".

Last edited:
Good to hear! Unfortunately, it sounds like if you have an interview and don't get a job offer, you're basically blacklisted from ever having another interview. That's at least what my UPS buddy said, which sucks because it means me and my other work buddy are precluded from ever getting another shot if that's true. It seems kind of stupid to punish the other 5 good candidates when you're only hiring 1, especially if the decision was a close one. Probably just HR BS.

EDIT: And just an FYI, me and my work buddy (and I presume the other 3 candidates who didn't get it) STILL haven't received a phone call from UPS telling us "no".

I mean... posting unfounded assumptions about being blackballed on an open forum where those with the ability to hire may read probably won't help much either.

I mean... posting unfounded assumptions about being blackballed on an open forum where those with the ability to hire may read probably won't help much either.
True, but I'm just repeating what my buddy told me. Call it "insider hearsay" if you want. And judging from UPS's track-record in getting back to people to tell them "no" (or rather, lack thereof), I don't think it's that far-fetched an assumption to make.

True, but I'm just repeating what my buddy told me. Call it "insider hearsay" if you want. And judging from UPS's track-record in getting back to people to tell them "no" (or rather, lack thereof), I don't think it's that far-fetched an assumption to make.

Ok, just saying... I've been here a few years now and if you want to end up somewhere, usually mentioning them in a negative tone is not the way to get there.

Good luck in your future endeavors!

1624055032778.jpeg

I've never gotten a second interview at most places where I got an interview and then didn't get hired. Part of this is on me - I figure if they weren't impressed with me the first time around, it's unlikely they will hire me in the future, so I often don't reapply. There was one place I applied more than once after getting to the interview stage and got a second in person interview with, but I still didn't get hired by them - which is probably just as well as they lost their government contract, and ended up going out of business. Another place (that is still in business) I applied at multiple times, after once getting to the phone interview stage - and never heard another word from them. But again, while I like where they are located - I think I am personally better off where I am now.

Now, I know that a "no second interview policy" does not exist at my current (major) airline - in fact, one person I now work with applied multiple times, finally got an interview, didn't get hired, but kept on applying and got re-interviewed and hired about a year later. However, I think that (in general) if you get to the face to face interview with a company and you don't get hired, you're usually better off looking for work elsewhere...they didn't think you were a good match the first time around, so there's a good chance any future applications would not get very far. Of course, if it's at a company you really want to work at - it never hurts to apply again. (The old adage of, "If you don't ask, the answer is always no.") I just wouldn't have extremely high hopes if you do so.

I know for a fact that is untrue. I know of at least one person who was not chosen for one round, reapplied, interviewed again and was ultimately hired. As manniax said....its always possible.
At UPS, or at another airline in general? If the former, I stand corrected.

Another place (that is still in business) I applied at multiple times, after once getting to the phone interview stage - and never heard another word from them. But again, while I like where they are located - I think I am personally better off where I am now.
It would have been nice to get the position, but I am not that broken up about it (despite what my post suggests, lol). I enjoy where I work now (for the most part) and don't have as imminent a desire to leave like I did with the regional I was originally at, and that was purely for financial reasons. Things often have a way of working out if you're patient enough and stay the course so I hear you with the "better off where I am now" status.

"You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might find, you get what you need."

Your “insider hearsay” is not accurate. And haven’t you heard why you shouldn’t assume?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For what its worth, about 3 years ago I applied to UPS. Didn't hear anything for months, then got a call for an interview about 6 months later. I had already accepted an offer with another major and declined the interview. They might keep applications on file for a long time, so don't give up hope if you never got a TBNT.

For what its worth, about 3 years ago I applied to UPS. Didn't hear anything for months, then got a call for an interview about 6 months later. I had already accepted an offer with another major and declined the interview. They might keep applications on file for a long time, so don't give up hope if you never got a TBNT.
Same story exactly.

Back