Univ of Oklahoma Contact info

https://jobs.ou.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/frameset/Frameset.

Sorry this isn't easier to read, but I found it using www.ou.edu job search. The specific page is https://jobs.ou.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/frameset/Frameset.jsp?time=1222231491796

Listing InformationJob Search Category: Non Student Job Type Temporary Requisition Number 05484 Listing Title Flight Instructor Job Code 5178 Department CCE Aviation (ACCE) Position address: 1700 Lexington, NC101 Application Deadline Open Until Filled Work Schedule Dependent on class enrollment Hours per week up to 40 hours Salary Range $8.00 - $12.50 Job Function Administers flight instruction to university students; performs check rides IAW FAA prescribed guidelines; instructs ground school; administers FAA required ground tests; schedules training, stage checks and check rides; performs fast (faculty and staff transportation) flights; assists in promoting the department; develops new courses and syllabi. Performs other related duties as assigned. Department Preferences Certified flight instructor (instruments), CFII. Prefer some college coursework. Special instructions to applicants If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit http://www.hr.ou.edu/policies/tbtesting.asp. Benefits Provided: No Required Applicant Documents Resume Campus: Norman Listing date: 05-27-2008 Physical Requirements: Able to administer flight instructions.

Must have FAA Class II Medical Certificate Required Education and Experience: High School Diploma Required Certifications, Registrations, or Licenses:
These requirements may be imposed by federal, state or recognized accrediting agency as a prequisite of employment Commercial Pilot Certificate with Airplane Single Engine Land and Instrument Airplane Ratings

Certified Flight Instructor Certificate with Airplane Single Engine Rating

FAA Class II Medical Certificate Required Skills and Proficiencies:
Please list the skills and proficiences needed to perform the essential duties and responsibilities Basic computer skills - word processing, internet etc.

Ability to instruct and communicate in both one-on-one and group situations Valid Driver's License Required: Yes Special Indications: Hiring contingent upon background check
Hiring contingent upon drug testing

Not sure what you found out, but im pretty sure were not hiring anyone. This past semester was the first semester they didn't hire any of their CFI students. This is due to the fact that no body is leaving due to the downturn in the industry.

you dont want to work as a flight instructor at u of ok...there are better jobs out there

besides the low pay, i haven't herd of any other complains from the instructors here. Sometimes the chief pilot and a certain couple of the check instructors are a bit knit picky.

The pay at OU just isn't worth it to me. I do, however, believe they have a very laid back atmosphere. I enjoyed my training there.

Back