United Sues Pilots Union

I'll see if I can find the thread, but many people would agree that the perception of a lot of the general public these days for pilots is that they are a glorified bus driver.

I think that happened when people started paying the same price as the bus...

As for Joe Hill, although it's up for debate whether he actually did it or not, he was convicted and executed for murder.
I have read the Joe Hill stories, and I simply do not believe he murdered the guy. Some physical evidence (the bullet hole in his coat) matched his gunshot wound, which he said occured with his hands above his head. A witness to the murder at first blush said clearly "that is not the guy".

The rumour is that he was caught with a married woman and shot. He didn't reveal the name of the woman or the circumstance because it would have ruined her. I firmly believe he was convicted and executed because he was WWL and a transient. No less than Woodrow Wilson asked Utah for his clemency.

After his execution by firing squad in Utah, he asked that his body be sent to the State line because he "didn't want to be caught dead in Utah". His final words were "FIRE".

Yeah, I don't actually think he did it either. Unfortunately, his legacy will always be smeared by that, though.

I actually think most people are of the opinion that he got boned. Not sure, but framing and killing the politically unpopular was big then - Sacco and Vanzetti, Joe Hill...

IALPA has no control over what their members do.

As you are fond of saying, me, you and the other guy are ALPA. So when individuals engage in these actions, ALPA is responsibile! Besides, ALPA is well known to have engaged in intimidation tactics with pilots who don't "go along"

As you are fond of saying, me, you and the other guy are ALPA. So when individuals engage in these actions, ALPA is responsibile!

That's absurd, and you know it. ALPA can't be blamed for the actions of individuals.

Besides, ALPA is well known to have engaged in intimidation tactics with pilots who don't "go along"

Actually, no, ALPA is known for the exact opposite. Unlike most other unions, intimidation tactics are unheard of within ALPA towards other members.

Back