United rwy incursion at PVD

who said it was the capt? and not teh FO saying, I DONT THINK WE SHOUDL go...just wonderin'.
grin.gif

I've flown into PVD a few times, and I think that the basic thing that makes it confusing at times is it's strange shape. Nothing is on a north/south/east/west heading, and although there's lots of airports like that, the runways and taxiways aren't at 90 degree angles either. So their just random turns compared to a structured route. At night I requested progressive taxi instructions and the lady was happy to do that. It wasn't the lady in this recording, though!

Nick

"There is a United that doesn't know where the hell he its!"
Hmmm....never heard a controller talk like this, and "Shut up and do not break radio silence!" The pilot was just trying to tell the controller that he was on an active runway, yet she kept clearing an aircraft to takeoff!

[ QUOTE ]
"There is a United that doesn't know where the hell he its!"
Hmmm....never heard a controller talk like this, and "Shut up and do not break radio silence!" The pilot was just trying to tell the controller that he was on an active runway, yet she kept clearing an aircraft to takeoff!

[/ QUOTE ]

The funny this is the united did know where he was (after getting momentarily lost).. The controller wouldn't shut up for 5 seconds to listen to him.

That is a great shockwave presentation. Does anyone know a website where you can get more stuff like that?

I think it's one of those *inside* jokes for only the *cool* people.

I don't get it either.
grin.gif

All i gotta say is someone nearly blew it bigtime...were it not for the pilot in the aircraft who delined the takeoff clearance i think things wouldve been a little different.

Tenny, explain yourself.

I think John is referring to the woman in Orlando Executive Tower who makes the PVD woman sound pleasant!

Back