United luggage, lost it.

fly22

United found a way to lose my luggage from LAX to Melbourne. I filed a report blah blah blah, They still can't find it. So Im sitting on the west coast of Aussie land without my gear.

Any of you peeps have the in and can help me track down my luggage? Yes I've called etc etc and they all give me a different response. If any of you can help please PM me. Thanks

So Im sitting on the west coast of Aussie land without my gear.

Man, that sucks.

Unrelated but amusing story...

Last time I was over there me and two friends were walking down to the beach in Harvey Bay. They both didn't have shirts on and as we walked by this one house these three older (VERY drunk) Aussie ladies were sitting out on the porch. Anyhow, as we go by they start yelling "boys.... boys... come here... you've got no gear on! They've got no gear!"

Of course it was in a drunken Australian accent and hilarious at the time.

Good luck getting your luggage back.

Sorry to hear about that. I think all you can really do is file a claim with United, and hope for the best. Some airlines have a good policy where they reimburse you if you call within a certain time frame after your flight. You may want to ask them about that. I know Alaska does this. My girlfriend had a bunch of stuff missing from her suitcase after a flight and they took care of it after filing a claim and talking to a few people. Good luck.

Last time I was over there me and two friends were walking down to the beach in Harvey Bay. They both didn't have shirts on and as we walked by this one house these three older (VERY drunk) Aussie ladies were sitting out on the porch. Anyhow, as we go by they start yelling "boys.... boys... come here... you've got no gear on! They've got no gear!"

BobDDuck I feel like there is more to this story..did you guys go up? What did they want? lol

My girlfriend had a bunch of stuff missing from her suitcase after a flight

Menzies strikes again! I'd have thought Alaska would have gotten rid of them by now.

BobDDuck I feel like there is more to this story..did you guys go up? What did they want? lol

There really isn't. We just kept walking to the beach. It's Australia. People are like that there.

If you get me the number of a hot, single Australian lady between 18-25, looking for an American guy to have fun with, I will get you your luggage back.

This may be a rumor ...so someone verify this. I heard this at DFW..."On scheduled days the liners have auctions on items that are 'left behind' ". :D

Good luck

This may be a rumor ...so someone verify this. I heard this at DFW..."On scheduled days the liners have auctions on items that are 'left behind' ". :D

Actually they do. I watched a show on tv that had a huge store in Arkansas I believe that bought lost luggage at auction and resold the contents.

In your case were you late check in or late to board? That is very common causes to have your bag not make the flight or pulled off which it usually goes the next day.

I hope that they can unite you with your luggage again. Thanks folks, I'll be here all week. Be sure to tip the waitresses, they're working for tips!

I hope that they can unite you with your luggage again. Thanks folks, I'll be here all week. Be sure to tip the waitresses, they're working for tips!

Yea that would be horrible if someone took off with it. How would they get anywhere though, maybe by taxi?

Oh man we're so funny.:cwm27:

Your luggage could be anywhere. My father had united lose his luggage once. It somehow ended up on an Air Canada flight to Vancouver.

United found a way to lose my luggage from LAX to Melbourne. I filed a report blah blah blah, They still can't find it. So Im sitting on the west coast of Aussie land without my gear.

Any of you peeps have the in and can help me track down my luggage? Yes I've called etc etc and they all give me a different response. If any of you can help please PM me. Thanks

Do you still have the ticket jacket with your bag tag receipt stapled to it? If so, PM me the numbers on the little stickers at the bottom (might only be one sticker left on it).

Still waiting for a reply about me finding your bags and you finding me an Aussie lady...

When I was flying into Altoona they would routinely send the luggage to Addis Ababa and vice a versa. The airport code for Addis Ababa was ADD and for Altoona it is AOO, so on the bag tag they looked similar. When they used to get to Dulles it was a crapshoot where it would be sent. The rednecks where NOT happy when our gate agents in AOO told them their luggage was on the way to Africa.

Still waiting for a reply about me finding your bags and you finding me an Aussie lady...

When I was flying into Altoona they would routinely send the luggage to Addis Ababa and vice a versa. The airport code for Addis Ababa was ADD and for Altoona it is AOO, so on the bag tag they looked similar. When they used to get to Dulles it was a crapshoot where it would be sent. The rednecks where NOT happy when our gate agents in AOO told them their luggage was on the way to Africa.

That's because the DGS people (now air wisconsin) are all from third world countries and cannot read. ADD is home for a lot of them. I used to work there and I could not stand working with those idiots.

Heh, that reminds me of a couple of weird ones from BGR that we would get. If a bag that was just going to BOS got into the transfer room they would see the B and the first half of the O and thing it said BGR, so the bag would be sent up and we would have to send it back to BOS.

Someone in BOS had this really stinky bag of fish and sent it up here just to get rid of it. That was a fun bin to be in....Not.

Someone in BGR was going BGR-BOS-CDG-somewhere. That got on the CVG cart, and was found (by me) after the BOS flight had left. I trucked it down to AAeagle and tossed it on their BOS flight that got in before the CDG flight left.

BGR, BGM, BTR, GRR.... its all the same place.

There was one night that CO changed the gate on the BGR flight. Unfortunately they had a cart of bags that was already brought to the fist gate that never got moved over. I filled out over 15 bag tracers that night....not fun at all. EWR actually called us and told us what they did. I ended up meeting that flight and making a PA announcement on the airplane before the passengers got off. Calm the masses so to speak.

We had 2 carts of bags on a -700 going to CVG, the ramp crew brought one of them out, and left the other in the garage. That flight left just before my shift started. Guess who was in the bins for the rest of the flights that day? Not the bonehead that left 50 bags behind.

All I can say is there are a lot of retards that work at airports. What else can you expect?

If I was still there I'd have you send me the tracer number, and I might be able to help, but thank god I don't work there anymore. I actually got my job offered back to me by the new station manager when I flew out to OKC for a job interview. If that doesn't work out I just might be crazy enough to take him up on that.

Not to hijack the thread, but will airlines give you trouble about carrying a flight bag on board the plane? You know, headset, charts, maybe a portable GPS. This is stuff I'd rather not check, but I can see the mentality of "he's going to overtake the plane...:panic:".

Back