United luggage, lost it.

Not to hijack the thread, but will airlines give you trouble about carrying a flight bag on board the plane? You know, headset, charts, maybe a portable GPS. This is stuff I'd rather not check, but I can see the mentality of "he's going to overtake the plane...:panic:".

No. When I was traveling a lot for the company, I tried my darndest not to check any bags.

-mini

Not to hijack the thread, but will airlines give you trouble about carrying a flight bag on board the plane? You know, headset, charts, maybe a portable GPS. This is stuff I'd rather not check, but I can see the mentality of "he's going to overtake the plane...:panic:".

The airlines wont, but depending on what you have in the flight bag, TSA might have some issues. I lost the screwdriver end of my fuel tester because of that.

Actually they do. I watched a show on tv that had a huge store in Arkansas I believe that bought lost luggage at auction and resold the contents.

Actually, having been to that store myself, it is in Foxboro, Alabama and it's called the "unclaimed baggage Store". The wild thing was that when i was there, they had a bunch of surfboards from a movie that i had seen previously called "the search." The movie title was plastered all over the boards as part of the design and I was quite surprised that the movie makers weren't contacted (especially since their contact info was ALSO on the boards). So, after my visit, I became just a wee bit more cynical about the airline efforts to track down rightful owners before auctioning stuff off to the unclaimed baggage store.

By the way, the store is just down the road from the Space Center in Huntsville....definitely worth the trip for both reasons.

Here's the link for the store:
http://www.unclaimedbaggage.com/findus.html

Here's the link for the space center:
http://www.spacecamp.com/museum/

Actually, having been to that store myself, it is in Foxboro, Alabama and it's called the "unclaimed baggage Store". The wild thing was that when i was there, they had a bunch of surfboards from a movie that i had seen previously called "the search." The movie title was plastered all over the boards as part of the design and I was quite surprised that the movie makers weren't contacted (especially since their contact info was ALSO on the boards). So, after my visit, I became just a wee bit more cynical about the airline efforts to track down rightful owners before auctioning stuff off to the unclaimed baggage store.

By the way, the store is just down the road from the Space Center in Huntsville....definitely worth the trip for both reasons.

Here's the link for the store:
http://www.unclaimedbaggage.com/findus.html

Here's the link for the space center:
http://www.spacecamp.com/museum/

Well either there are bad business practices occurring, or they just simply didn't want to claim the luggage :p

"Hey you want this surf board back?"
"nah"

United found a way to lose my luggage from LAX to Melbourne. I filed a report blah blah blah, They still can't find it. So Im sitting on the west coast of Aussie land without my gear.

Any of you peeps have the in and can help me track down my luggage? Yes I've called etc etc and they all give me a different response. If any of you can help please PM me. Thanks

Hell with the luggage, TELL US THE STORY BEHIND THAT BULL ELK!!!!

Wow, finally found them and they are being sent over ASAP. They ended up in SFO, they didnt even make it to LAX where I left from. I was under the impression that you had to travel with your luggage when going international. They told me they would handle customs etc for me and deliver them to my door step.

Since I used my AMEX to book my tickets I was kind of hoping to lose one of them so I could get my insurance and pay for the flight.:)

Seg, sorry no deal. Im looking for you though. Ill see what I can round up. I have a real heavy sister in law you interested? Actually the local islander boys already have dibs.

I am glad to hear you did get your bags. I had mine stolen from LAS when I was there for the big JC gig. I just finally got my check. Unlike you mine made it, but on an earlier flight.

Back