United (L-CAL) Begins Hiring

You ahh...may consider looking up the definition of legacy.

"A legacy carrier, in the United States, is an airline that had established interstate routes by the time of the route liberalization which was permitted by the Airline Deregulation Act of 1978 and was thus directly affected by that act. It is distinct from a low-cost carrier, (a term fostered as a form of disparagement against post deregulation start-up air carriers, and the traditional airlines once heavily unionized work groups) which in the United States are generally new airlines that were started to compete in the newly deregulated industry.
Typical characteristics of legacy carriers are that they provide a higher level of services than a low-cost carrier; for example, a legacy carrier typically offers first class and/or business class, a frequent-flyer program, airport lounges, and is a member of an airline alliance through which it has partners that agree to provide these services to its passengers as well. Also, there is a higher level of services in the cabin, such as meal service and in-flight entertainment."

Didn't know that we have airline alliances with a frequent flyer program which provides an admiral's lounge. Unless I read the above incorrectly, the definition seems to point at the likes of Delta or United and not Surejet.

"A legacy carrier, in the United States, is an airline that had established interstate routes by the time of the route liberalization which was permitted by the Airline Deregulation Act of 1978 and was thus directly affected by that act. It is distinct from a low-cost carrier, (a term fostered as a form of disparagement against post deregulation start-up air carriers, and the traditional airlines once heavily unionized work groups) which in the United States are generally new airlines that were started to compete in the newly deregulated industry.
Typical characteristics of legacy carriers are that they provide a higher level of services than a low-cost carrier; for example, a legacy carrier typically offers first class and/or business class, a frequent-flyer program, airport lounges, and is a member of an airline alliance through which it has partners that agree to provide these services to its passengers as well. Also, there is a higher level of services in the cabin, such as meal service and in-flight entertainment."

Didn't know that we have airline alliances with a frequent flyer program which provides an admiral's lounge. Unless I read the above incorrectly, the definition seems to point at the likes of Delta or United and not Surejet.

You're the first person I've encountered that has translated L-ASA/L-XJT into meaning that the referred airlines are legacy carriers due to the "L"

I'm pretty sure he meant the definition of legacy(not legacy airline):
: something transmitted by or received from an ancestor or predecessor or from the past <the legacy of the ancient philosophers>

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You're the first person I've encountered that has translated L-ASA/L-XJT into meaning that the referred airlines are legacy carriers due to the "L"

I'm pretty sure he meant the definition of legacy(not legacy airline):
: something transmitted by or received from an ancestor or predecessor or from the past <the legacy of the ancient philosophers>

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Now that makes sense and do apologize (jtrain) for thinking about it in the other format as well as the thread drift. I'll go and hide in my cave now.

Back