United Hiring

It sounds like the Arlington Heights NOC is there to stay, but they want to maintain a dual NOC setup, so the question is where the long-term second NOC goes (or stays).

Don’t believe everything you see on the internet. AH will definitely be around long-term, but whether the two-office concept continues indefinitely is not decided…and it may end up being just the backup facility. As I’ve said before, nothing is set in stone yet.

its official!

I could see why the CBA requires the dispatchers to be based in the tower but it should be easy to ratify an amendment to change that to Arlington heights.

" The airline plans to make a new complex in Arlington Heights its primary nerve center effective April 1, with Willis serving as a backup " Wow imagine having to get everyone shifted over to willis in an emergency and having to fight 3 hours of traffic to get into the tower.

its official!

I could see why the CBA requires the dispatchers to be based in the tower but it should be easy to ratify an amendment to change that to Arlington heights.

" The airline plans to make a new complex in Arlington Heights its primary nerve center effective April 1, with Willis serving as a backup " Wow imagine having to get everyone shifted over to willis in an emergency and having to fight 3 hours of traffic to get into the tower.
Changing it requires an agreement. And agreement will require $$$. That's why the union has that I. The CBA. Sure, it's an easy fix but the company is going to have to pay for it.

Still the move makes United more attractive to those who were weary about having to commute/live in downtown Chicago.

edit: Once the new CBA gets signed

Last edited:
Changing it requires an agreement. And agreement will require $$$. That's why the union has that I. The CBA. Sure, it's an easy fix but the company is going to have to pay for it.

Exactly... so far nothing changes for dispatch.. Willis is still the official domicile and until there's a change in the CBA, it's all status quo.

Exactly... so far nothing changes for dispatch.. Willis is still the official domicile and until there's a change in the CBA, it's all status quo.
Do you reckon once completion of training the new hire dispatch class will have an option to work at either locations?

Back