United AIP

So what happens when unfilled CA slots happen? I know United can’t force upgrade per their contract. Do they beef up other bases and have to fly through those hubs or ?

So what happens when unfilled CA slots happen? I know United can’t force upgrade per their contract. Do they beef up other bases and have to fly through those hubs or ?
they tried moving the vacancies off the coastal bases in the last bid, IAH 73CA went to someone hired like 18mo ago and there were unfilleds in ORD and DEN

a new contract without garbage reserve rules may incentivize movement. they gotta find a way somehow- "bigliest yuge airline ever" doesn't work with unfilled CAs

Not sure how they do their vacancies. Delta has a large conversion window so they can just push openings to another bid. They cancelled 20 7ERA spots that went unfilled in the last bid.

Maybe United will have new hire CA slots

they tried moving the vacancies off the coastal bases in the last bid, IAH 73CA went to someone hired like 18mo ago and there were unfilleds in ORD and DEN

a new contract without garbage reserve rules may incentivize movement. they gotta find a way somehow- "bigliest yuge airline ever" doesn't work with unfilled CAs

What’s the junior capt at each base? I know SFO, EWR and IAD are 1 yrs hires; but how about the others?

Not sure how they do their vacancies. Delta has a large conversion window so they can just push openings to another bid. They cancelled 20 7ERA spots that went unfilled in the last bid.

Maybe United will have new hire CA slots

Barring a change to the contract, we cannot have new hire CAs. You have to be off probation to bid for it.

What’s the junior capt at each base? I know SFO, EWR and IAD are 1 yrs hires; but how about the others?

It appears the ONLY Bases without a sub 2 year CA award as of last bid were GUM and CLE. Literally every other base had a NB CA slot taken by someone who has been here less than 2 years.

Back