Uniform Shirts

desertdog71

Girthy Member
Where does everybody get their uniform shirts? Just the plain white short sleeve ones.

Can you get these at a brick and mortar store or are they just online?

Thanks

Bill gets his from Abbot uniforms, they're DL's official uniform distributor. I think they do the the Navy's dress uniforms too, not sure though. When Bill buys through Abbot he has to provide his employee # and such as employement verification.

Van Huesen is another popular pilot shirt maker, they're available at many online stores. Not sure about any place where you can walk-in and buy a shirt, but there's lots of places online.

Where does everybody get their uniform shirts? Just the plain white short sleeve ones.

Can you get these at a brick and mortar store or are they just online?

Thanks

Usually one only needs a uniform shirt if they have been hired or expect to be hired soon. Did we miss an announcement? :D

I dig the Van Heusen shirts. Last time I bought them at a good price from the garff. garffshirts dot com

...avoiding the question. ;)

What's up buddy?

PS: I use the vanhuesen tapered ones you can find at the Stopover Store. They are only $19 and sometimes they run specials on them.

pilot_lrg.jpg

If you are looking locally... then I'd suggest a uniform supply company such as Cintas. There is probably a rep or store locationin your area. I've even heard that some places like JCPenney can order uniform related items.

Marvgolden.com $16.95 for short sleeved Van Heusen shirts.:D

There are some brick and mortar places to go, but not sure where around you. I'll add to the what's up??? Where are you looking at going???

Hey Bob,

Cintas = Blech

I am so glad Comair dropped Cintas about a year ago. The quality of the fabrics left a LOT to be desired.

Oh, the ones that are see-through? Those were a classic.

I liked the fabric on the Cintas pants over the lion pants, however the stitching sucked. My Lion ones haven't fallen apart yet.

Oh, the ones that are see-through? Those were a classic.

I liked the fabric on the Cintas pants over the lion pants, however the stitching sucked. My Lion ones haven't fallen apart yet.

Never had a problem with the pants of course I never wore the long pants. Shorts all the time. When the t-shirts came out it was a life saver due to the Cintas "see through sweaters" being too hot in the summer. Do you guys have those ugly hazard orange t-shirts with the refectors? I laughed when I saw those when I came CVG for my rehire interview.

I personally do not have any of the ANSII t-shirts. A bunch of the other people do. I picked up a couple of the red t-shirts when they cane out, but was immediately told they were a CVG only item. I told them where they could shove that idea. In Maine there is 3 months of shorts wearing weather on the ramp, rest of the time its pants.

Oh I agree that the Cintas shirts aren't the best... but... DD was looking for a LOCAL place... and that's the best I could come up with...

Bob

Heh, I kinda liked the Cintas stuff we had at SWA. 'Course, we just wore grey t-shirts and blue shorts. Kinda hard to screw that up. :)

We use M&H Uniforms over here. Personally, I think they're over priced and under quality, so I try to stay away from them. There's a local uniform store here in MEM, which I think is TECHNICALLY FedEx's uniform store. It's so hard to find (tucked back in some wherehouses), that if you're there, you probably belong there anyway. :)

If you are looking locally... then I'd suggest a uniform supply company such as Cintas. There is probably a rep or store locationin your area. I've even heard that some places like JCPenney can order uniform related items.

I'd say about 40% of the buttons on my Cintas shirts fell off and had to be sewn back on. They're paper thin, and I only wear them in the summer when it's 90 degrees every day. I'm another fan of the Van Heusen Aviator shirts, you can find them from about 20 place online. They look and feel much better and they stay crisp longer after you iron them.

Not sure how tall you are, but I'm 6'2" and I went for the tall shirts, I have one Cintas and one Van Heusen that aren't tall and they come untucked all the time.

Back