Uniform Companies

Abbott. Not sure if their ordering is open to every/anyone, but if you're eligible to order from them, their stuff is good.

M&H is teh suck. Shirts from pilotshirts.com and pants from Target. Yeah, they actually have pants that match the "tropical black" blazer perfectly.

M&H blows! Absolutely terrible quality and customer service to match. The ONLY way I will EVER buy anything from them again, is if the company is buying it. M&H = overpriced junk! :drool::mad:

We had Cintas and Lion while I was throwing bags at Comair.

The cintas pants sucked. I would blow out a knee every three months or so before I got a pair of Dickies with a double knee that I wasn't supposed to wear, but I just worked nights and nobody on that shift cared one bit.

Come to think of it all the Cintas stuff sucked. I liked the Lion short sleeve polo and the winter parka. Problem with Lion was all their shirts ran over a size too big and they had nothing smaller than a mens small for the ladies.

M&H blows! Absolutely terrible quality and customer service to match. The ONLY way I will EVER buy anything from them again, is if the company is buying it. M&H = overpriced junk! :drool::mad:

yes, but M&H means company pays... not me.

Funny that they require all "blue" items to be purchased through MH... or they won't/may not refund

Exactly....When it's the company's money is the only time they'll get my business. ;)

Wha? They pay for your uniforms on the 9L side? Yet another way we're getting screwed. 9E pays for 50% of your INITIAL uniform order. Anything past that is all on you. So, getting a fourth stripe on my blazer and a CA's hat is on me. Guess what has yet to be done.....

Wha? They pay for your uniforms on the 9L side? Yet another way we're getting screwed. 9E pays for 50% of your INITIAL uniform order. Anything past that is all on you. So, getting a fourth stripe on my blazer and a CA's hat is on me. Guess what has yet to be done.....

Colgan requires you to pay for the full amount of your initial order, and it is payroll deducted at $50 a month. however after you have been with the company 1 year, on your anniversary, they will give you a $200 credit to be used for uniform stuff. I believe all shirts and pants have to be bought from M&H but shoes can be bought and receipts submitted? not entirely sure about that because I have not hit my 1 yr date yet.

Colgan requires you to pay for the full amount of your initial order, and it is payroll deducted at $50 a month. however after you have been with the company 1 year, on your anniversary, they will give you a $200 credit to be used for uniform stuff. I believe all shirts and pants have to be bought from M&H but shoes can be bought and receipts submitted? not entirely sure about that because I have not hit my 1 yr date yet.

Yeah, for us, it's a one time deal. If you forget to order anything (like a hat), then you missed out on the 50% off sale.

Here's what I highly recommend.

Shirts: Pilot House Oxford Tapered (or Relaxed) found at www.pilotshirts.com. First few wearings you won't need starch. After a month or two you'll start to need some light starch, but not required. These shirts don't wrinkle easily. I ironed my shirts yesterday morning and have flown four legs (including commute) and there are no visible wrinkles.

Pants: Fechmeiner (sp?) Police Class A uniform pants from www.galls.com, style TR082. They match the blazer perfectly at my company. MUCH more durable, AND more comfortable. I just ordered two new pairs last night, since I ruined my current pair with our iron. Whoops. They have the rubber waist band to keep your shirt tucked in, and it actually works! Highly wrinkle resistant. They'll even hem them for you, however then they cannot be returned.

Socks: Black Under Armour athletic socks. They look professional, keep your feet warm, are very comfortable, and most importantly they BREATHE. Yes, there is a logo on them. However, in the few months I have been wearing them, only once has anyone seen the logo. It was when I pulled up my pant leg to look at my knee after I banged it on something. I will not hesitate to say that they look more professional than some of the garbage dress socks I've seen some pilots wearing. After many washes they have resisted fading and stretching.

Even though I cannot stand the hat and I love my Perrone Leather jacket, I'm quite a uniform snob. These items are in my opinion some of the best available. YMMV.

M&H is teh suck. Shirts from pilotshirts.com and pants from Target.

I've bought a couple pair of black pants from Target, and while the price is right, I'm very disappointed with them. The thighs get all those little "pills" or bumps or whatever they call them, and after a few washes I end up having to pick off all the little thread bumps, and end up throwing the pants away after 5-6 months.

I've bought a couple pair of black pants from Target, and while the price is right, I'm very disappointed with them. The thighs get all those little "pills" or bumps or whatever they call them, and after a few washes I end up having to pick off all the little thread bumps, and end up throwing the pants away after 5-6 months.

Did you get the suit pants? That's what I got, and they're "dry clean only." So, no wash issues there. :)

Back