UND Camp

robzablob

Sooo next year I plan on attending the UND camp thing, just to get familiar with the school, as it is one of a few choices I have in mind for college.

Has anyone been to it before?? Was it funn?? What should I expect??

Advice/comments are appreciated!!

Robbie

I went a few years ago. I really enjoyed it and you can expect to have a great time and meet some great people. You really get an idea of what the program is like. Unfortunately you won't get to see what UND is like with all the students there, but you will get to see what UND has to offer. Overall, I do recommend the camp for people interested in the aviation program.

I went to the camp last summer and it was fun. I met the detroit hub manager of Vatsim:whatever:. I wish we would have gotten more time in the ATC sims-those were a blast. I recommend it.

Ahh that sounds funn!! I do wish I could visit the campus when it's hustling and bustling with students, just to get a more realistic feel. However, I don't think I have the time to do that, or even if they offer that. I kno that the camp is only in the summer, but don't they have some sort of visiting schedule??

Robbie

Ohh yes, the cold...ever since I started talking about UND to people, and how I want to go there, they have said, "Don't you realize how cold it is??" I'm sure I'll get used to it...I mean...Missouri has some cold weather...:D

Robbie

Sooo next year I plan on attending the UND camp thing, just to get familiar with the school, as it is one of a few choices I have in mind for college.

Has anyone been to it before?? Was it funn?? What should I expect??

Advice/comments are appreciated!!

Robbie

Go to the camp. You will 100% not regret your decision. It's a blast.

How is the aerospace tour? I'm going in a couple weeks. Hopefully it is worth it. I'm looking into ATC.

Great experience. If you're into ATC though you should try to find someone to take you inside the ATC labs and demonstrate it. When I did the tour we only walked past them and looked through the window.

Ohh yes, the cold...ever since I started talking about UND to people, and how I want to go there, they have said, "Don't you realize how cold it is??" I'm sure I'll get used to it...I mean...Missouri has some cold weather...:D

Robbie

a) i assure you, you have NO CONCEPT of how retardedly cold it gets here in the winter.

b) go to the camp, i hear its really fun, and you get to go do a little aerobatics in the decathlon :D (bring a sick sack!)

Ohh I kno I have no idea what it's like. I don't think I've ever experienced subzero temperatures. If I did, I was little and I can't remember it. I just don't want to think about it until I go there...-20F just does NOT sound funn at all...

My mom says "ohh your body will get used to it pretty quick." pshh...

And that's awesome that they actually take you up and do some loop-de-loops! I can't wait!!

Robbie

Robbie

Yeah, it's gets cold at UND but the only time that you will absolutely hate it is when you have to preflight the plane outside. Other than that it is not that big a problem and nothing to worry about.

Yeah, it's gets cold at UND but the only time that you will absolutely hate it is when you have to preflight the plane outside. Other than that it is not that big a problem and nothing to worry about.

nothing to worry about, unless you enjoy seeing the sun and doing fun things outdoors for 9 months of the year.

What is there to do in Grand Forks?? Like biking, hiking (it would be pretty flat..) and that kind of stuff?? What kind of town is it??

Robbie

Back