Uflymike TSO'd

triplec76

I didn't see this posted anywhere here yet via a search, but I recently bought the Uflymike/QC2 combo and was pleased to see on their website that they received verbal approval for TSO certification (written approval apparently forthcoming).

When I received my Uflymike adapter, it does have a TSO number listed on the adapter itself.

Just thought I would pass this information along to anyone who was previously interested, but unable to purchase.

By the way, I love the headset combo. It is, so far, one of the best I've owned and I've owned a lot of them, including the X. My most recent set was the Telex Stratus 30, and the Uflymike/QC2 blows it away in performance and comfort. The only complaint I would have so far is mike boom placement on the adapter. I find myself constantly having to adjust the mike position based on where the mike exits the Uflymike adapter.

I didn't see this posted anywhere here yet via a search, but I recently bought the Uflymike/QC2 combo and was pleased to see on their website that they received verbal approval for TSO certification (written approval apparently forthcoming).

When I received my Uflymike adapter, it does have a TSO number listed on the adapter itself.

Just thought I would pass this information along to anyone who was previously interested, but unable to purchase.

By the way, I love the headset combo. It is, so far, one of the best I've owned and I've owned a lot of them, including the X. My most recent set was the Telex Stratus 30, and the Uflymike/QC2 blows it away in performance and comfort. The only complaint I would have so far is mike boom placement on the adapter. I find myself constantly having to adjust the mike position based on where the mike exits the Uflymike adapter.
What u flying?

Thinking about getting it for the Saab. Two of my old Beech captains had it and loved it. I don't like the big bose.

These decisions are too expensive :confused:

Does that mean that the Bose QC2 and U Fly Mike combo is TSO'd or just the U Fly Mike adapter? I heard that the Bose QC2 headset still wasn't going to be TSO'd due to the fact that if it runs out of batteries you lose all sound. Anyone heard this?

Wasn't impressed with it in the Saab. I tried one for a day.

My old H-10-60's had all the oversized stuff to make them comfortable, but were to heavy. I bought Flightcom Denali's and I'm very happy so far. I like the Lightspeed 30-3g, but on ebay they were about $150 more. I tried them both before buying and they were both very similar in feel and noise reduction.

Does that mean that the Bose QC2 and U Fly Mike combo is TSO'd or just the U Fly Mike adapter? I heard that the Bose QC2 headset still wasn't going to be TSO'd due to the fact that if it runs out of batteries you lose all sound. Anyone heard this?

Yeah, there was one part that I forgot to quote or mention in my original post. If you go to the Uflymike website and do a little bit of digging, somewhere it says it is TSO'd when accompanied by some kind of earbud. I didn't get this with my headset. I'm assuming this is because they haven't received the paperwork yet, and I'm sure they'll charge more for the "official" TSO version much like Clarity Aloft.

However, I was never really concerned too much about losing the headset. I carry several spare batteries, and there's always the trusty old school speaker (I'm actually just old enough to remember those days). You can still transmit with an inop QC2.

EDIT: Actually, I just checked and the earbud info is not on their website that I could find. It is in the user manual that comes with the unit itself. I think I might have read this after initially posting the original TSO info.

Back