U.S. Naval Test Pilot School (USNTPS) Accepting Applications

JoeBlow

I’m sure many are aware of this program, but they are accepting applications right now. I don’t know the end date. I have family that works at NAWCWD that is the Naval Air Warfare Center in China Lake; they sent this to me.

U.S. Naval Test Pilot School (USNTPS) provides instruction to experienced pilots, flight officers, and test engineers in the specialties and techniques of aircraft and systems flight test and evaluation. A candidate does not have to be a member of the US Navy.

Tom Curtis
Deputy Director, Test Engineering
NAVAIR Integrated Systems Evaluation, Experimentation & Test Department

Sending on behalf of Tom Curtis

Applications are now being accepted for TPS Class 136, which convenes in
February 2009. The U.S. Naval Test Pilot School (USNTPS) provides
instruction to experienced pilots, flight officers, and test engineers
in the specialties and techniques of aircraft and systems flight test
and evaluation. This highly specialized 10 month course is a primary
source for development of flight test engineers. Interested parties
should submit a completed application, along with Level 3 Competency
Manager endorsement, to Mr. Greg Glen (805-939-9856) or Mr. Dan Radke
(805-989-0460) by 15 August 2008.

The information above was provided by a family member who received it through an internal email. The website below is provided by me.

http://www.navair.navy.mil/USNTPS/apply.htm

HOW DO I APPLY?
Selection to USNTPS is highly competitive. Military aviators apply and are evaluated by a selection board which takes into account piloting/aviation skills, military qualities, academic background, and the needs of the service. Attendees normally have a BS degree in engineering, physical science, or math but this is not absolutely required. Those without requisite math or engineering courses can make themselves more competitive by completing correspondence courses or attending a local college/university. Don't second-guess what the board is looking for-if you don't apply you can't get picked. Over 1000 hours of flight time is desired at the time class convenes but, again, this is not a firm requirement. There is also a cooperative program with the Naval Postgraduate School which leads to a Masters Degree. The governing instructions for military applicants are BUPERSINST 1500.62, Army MILPER Message Number 01-012, and MCO 1542.3. Naval Air Warfare Center (NAWC) civilian engineers are also eligible to apply, and should see their Chief Engineer for more information.

View the draft NAVADMIN for the next selection board.

For application confirmation please contact Naval Personnel Command at (901) 874-2437/DSN 882.

Re: U.S. Naval Test Pilot School (USNTPS) Accepting Applicat

any idea how to get the application? I see that this was posted yesterday and apps were due 8/15

Back