U.S. Customs and Border Protection (AIA/AEO)

Re: Aircraft/airplane/helicopter Pilot (air Interdiction Age

I did - pretty worthless really. It basically said "we have your application."

yeah thats what mine said. I got a question for ya ian, what did it say in your email under grade and rating? mine was 11 and 89. Dont know what that means but...hope I hear from them soon. Im sick of being unemployed

Mine said 11 and 99. The grade is the GS grade, and it will be the same for everyone. The "rating" is a score out of 110 based on your application.

I wouldn't hold my breath, man, the lady I talked to said it usually takes three months before you get called for an interview - and that's IF they pick your file out of the stack.

Yeah not holding my breath. Im still in shock from a sudden pilot layoff a month ago. Right now im just hoping for anything ya know

got an email today too, scored 86 :-(...

but at least its a start, i dont have any military or le experience...

Also got mine yesterday
Score 91..eh

Good luck all!

Nick

what are you guys supposed to score? This would be cool. plus, you get to carry a gun :D

Got a 92 . Girl at HR told me they were not going to pull next list till fall. So probably after end of fiscal year in OCt.

I just applied myself. Got an 89 score and then added 5 points for Veterans Preference to make it a 94. I was a wrench turner in the Navy and have the FAA signoff for my A&P. If I were to go ahead and get it, I wonder if that would help?

I just applied myself. Got an 89 score and then added 5 points for Veterans Preference to make it a 94. I was a wrench turner in the Navy and have the FAA signoff for my A&P. If I were to go ahead and get it, I wonder if that would help?

Probably only if you want to be a mechanic. They have a pretty good budget for Maintenance, so even if you break down somewhere, you call in, get it authorized, and then say Fix it and charge it to the card!!

Your taxpayer dollars at work!!

just curious....has anyone else gotten an email yet? i got one about a week ago stating which destination i picked

Yea I got one on Oct 1 saying (NOR.) Notice of Results.... Saying MINNEAPOLIS HIRING CENTER and my score and some other things.
Not to sure what to make of it but yea lol
You get something similar?

Nick

Ian, Do the interview, let them make an offer, then make a decision whether or not you take it. Its one of the best flying gigs out there, you get paid whether you fly or not and no furloughs.

Any questions about stations let me know, if I don't know the scoop, I can get it.

Bill

Ian, Do the interview, let them make an offer, then make a decision whether or not you take it. Its one of the best flying gigs out there, you get paid whether you fly or not and no furloughs.

Any questions about stations let me know, if I don't know the scoop, I can get it.

Bill
I appreciate that Bill - and that's excellent advice, but no can do. I made a commitment to myself for this new career, just moved, and just bought a house. Plus, I still just believe flying for living just isn't for me. Six months ago I would have been all over this job, but it's too late now.

congrats!

for which city, and i'm guessing your were prior military?

Thanks man... as for the city, Sierra Vista, AZ, I think. Yes, I am prior military - former Army helicopter pilot.

<------ Flew this guy minus all the guns. ;)

Bill

Hey Bill, are you prior CBP or military? Im still trying to figure out what they have at certain stations but info is pretty hard to come by.

Nick

Hey Bill, are you prior CBP or military? Im still trying to figure out what they have at certain stations but info is pretty hard to come by.

Nick

I was actually on the Border Patrol side (prior to CBP), my military time was mostly spent jumping out the back of airplanes:nana2:. I went from the patrol to the Air Marshal Program just after 9-11.

The government joined the two air operation programs when Homeland Security was formed, much to the chagrin of most of the Border Patrol Air OPs. Now its known as Customs and Border Protection Air Ops.

Hindsight being 20/20 I should have stayed where I was at, but patriotism won out, after that I took what I was dealt. I retired earlier this year after 28 years.

If you're working border stations you'll be flying 182s 206s, MD-500s and blackhawks. The interior stations and some of the northern border stations have PC-12s, Blackhawks and slowtations. I think they still have some old king airs, and A-stars floating around as well. They also have P-3s with E-2C radomes on them but thats mostly down in Florida and points south:bandit:.

I appreciate that Bill - and that's excellent advice, but no can do. I made a commitment to myself for this new career, just moved, and just bought a house. Plus, I still just believe flying for living just isn't for me. Six months ago I would have been all over this job, but it's too late now.

Hey, we take it as it comes Ian, that's the best we can do:bandit:

Sierra Vista's a nice station though:D
Bill

Back