Type Rated and C-208 Pilot Jobs

splash

your social justice comic center
Here are two new posted jobs I came across for the guys rolling with the type ratings.

wanting falcon 900 type rating----> http://careers.lowes.com/

Lear 60 with 300 PIC in type preferred ---->www.aeroprogroup.com

Oh, and one caravan

Pilot / Captain C 208

Primary Aircraft: Cessna Caravan Job Description:
Cessna 208 freight pilots wanted. Scheduled FexEx cargo.

Click here for more information and to apply
Minimum Requirements:
2000TT, 1000PIC, 500 XC, 100 night, 75 instrument (50actual) ATP preferred, Instrument and Multi Engine Rating.
Glad to help.

Yeah, really! They must know plenty of us are hunting for jobs. They are affiliated with FedEx so the pay is somewhat good I imagine.

I would jump at that position with Lowes if I had the Falcon 900 type rating. :banghead:

Judging by the fact that the ad is on "corporateair.net", I'm going to take a stab in the dark and guess it's a posting for Corporate Air.

2000TT for a Van job? Up until very recently, 2000TT was a posted requirement for all FedEx feeder van jobs. Methinks the children are in for a very nasty wakeup call w/r/t competitive job minimums...

2000 is very common now for most jobs I have seen. Wiggins is a fedex feeder and 2000 is a HARD min and they say do not even apply if you do not meet the mins. Linear air wants 2000TT to fly their vans as well and will even possibly put you right seat at that. Most corporate jobs I have seen even entry level for a lear 35 or similiar are looking for 2500TT with 1500 or so multi.

Times are a changing, would not want to be on the street with low time about now. CFI'ing is a great little gig though if you find the right place and no better way to build lots of flight time. I did over 130 average per month.

I believe CFI is no way of means for building time. To each his own opinion. It takes much effort to become a dedicated CFI and to do it just for flight time to me is a easy route. Ever had to correct your fresh CFII about how to do a DME arch? Ever had a CFI during your training bail out on you about a month before it came time to get your ticket? It is very unprofessional. If you become a CFI I believe you need to think about your students best interest and be professional about that first. It takes much time and money to show and convince another instructor you are ready to take a check ride. Did you ever bail out on a student USMC because that job you really wanted finally came through for you? If not, good for you for keeping your heart in it. If so, don't worry it has been done many many times before. I believe we need to stop pushing this idea that getting a CFI is just a means for accumulating flight time. Maybe I am crazy and no one else agrees but this is one of my psychotic mental hatreds. :panic:

There are very small amount of chances now for us low time pilots that are out on the gutter streets. I guess I'm just going to get my CFI to build some flight time. It's my only option.

Please keep the non-CFI jobs coming in also if you see them. Thanks and I love you guys. Time for another beer. C-ya.:hiya:

w/r/t? just can't seem to figure this one out. help.

I believe CFI is no way of means for building time. To each his own opinion. It takes much effort to become a dedicated CFI and to do it just for flight time to me is a easy route. Ever had to correct your fresh CFII about how to do a DME arch? Ever had a CFI during your training bail out on you about a month before it came time to get your ticket? It is very unprofessional. If you become a CFI I believe you need to think about your students best interest and be professional about that first. It takes much time and money to show and convince another instructor you are ready to take a check ride. Did you ever bail out on a student USMC because that job you really wanted finally came through for you? If not, good for you for keeping your heart in it. If so, don't worry it has been done many many times before. I believe we need to stop pushing this idea that getting a CFI is just a means for accumulating flight time. Maybe I am crazy and no one else agrees but this is one of my psychotic mental hatreds. :panic:

There are very small amount of chances now for us low time pilots that are out on the gutter streets. I guess I'm just going to get my CFI to build some flight time. It's my only option.

Please keep the non-CFI jobs coming in also if you see them. Thanks and I love you guys. Time for another beer. C-ya.:hiya:

w/r/t? just can't seem to figure this one out. help.

No reason why you can't use CFI-ing as a time building gig, as long as you are a professional about it. I am doing it and have over 1000 dual in a year.

No reason why you can't use CFI-ing as a time building gig, as long as you are a professional about it. I am doing it and have over 1000 dual in a year.

:yeahthat:That is right. Being professional about it is what it comes down to...and it's good to see CFI pay has increased greatly. Keep up the good work.

aaah, with regard to ...Thanks

USMC because that job you really wanted finally came through for you? If not, good for you for keeping your heart in it. .

I agree. I did not leave anyone stranded a few hours from finishing. I gave 2 months notice to the students and then the few I had left (out of 14, we took heavy loads) were placed with and met and flew with their new CFIs before I was gone. In a perfect world I would have left no student behind but because of our student loads it would have been impossible as there were always a plethora of students at completely different phases. I signed off a few of my students a few weeks after I was gone as well.

I have an opening for a Caravan Pilot. Aerial Survey and Photo. 14 on 7 off. No relocation required. We fly all over the US, Canada. Would love to have a pilot current in the Caravan.

Sir, I would love to have a chance to fly the Caravan on a long term contract.

This sounds like a great opportunity. I don't have Caravan time, but I have 2300TT. Would my resume get looked at?

Back