Twitter IPO Tomorrow

mikecweb

Just announced $26/share.
Prospective: thats 33x sales.
Facebook @ $49 is 17x sales.
Google @ 1022 is 5x sales.

Should be interesting.

The above shall not be considered trading advice. The trading of stocks, options, futures, commodities, index futures or any other securities has potential rewards, and it also has potential risks involved. Trading may not be suitable for all users of this Website. Anyone wishing to invest should seek his or her own independent financial or professional advice.

Will do. No problemo for an old friend. My account number is 1227776668456234. Social is 4538822.

My dying grand father will be so honored to have some of his will going toward Twitter stock.

I'd make a crappy Nigerian.

Well cant say I predicted it opening and jumping 40+, let alone staying like that. Anybody else get in on it?

Absolutely ridiculous. Twitter is now worth more than Delta Air Lines. I have zero faith in the stock market, bitcoin, or real estate at this point.
It might help if you think of Facebook, Twitter, as new advertising billboards and space. It may not work, but if it does you may think of of Twitter Facebook as a Clearchannel (radio/billboards/etc..) and they may be the true integrated advertising space going forward. Delta at the end of this year MAY have themselves down to 9 billion in debt from 14. That effects some of their valuing. :)

And it all may fall apart.

Btw, bitcoin is a science fair project gone real, there's nothing wrong with real estate just don't get caught up in stupid bubbles. If everyone is telling you NOW is the time to buy (and this is ever) you are right more often than not to assume the time to buy has past. My real estate is just fine, can't wait to get my sweat equity out of it.

Absolutely ridiculous. Twitter is now worth more than Delta Air Lines. I have zero faith in the stock market, bitcoin, or real estate at this point.
There are a lot of companies worth more than DAL. By lack of faith do you mean you don't trust the market or just overvalued stocks?

I think stocks are way over valued AGAIN, fattened up by 80B of Fed Feed each month.
It's all a ponzi scheme. China purposefully deflates it's money to keep it pegged with the dollar. It's the real world though, this stuff has value even though it's manipulated.

Better rush to gold :p. The whole stock market is really a game. It's really hard to gauge how much a company is truly worth by stock price alone in my opinion.

That being said twitter will probably be going the same route with facebook more ads, and more promotions to try and increase revenue per user...but I expect a lot of that growth to come overseas like a lot of other people.

fwiw real estate is a pretty decent thing to have, but as joe said just need to buy when it's right (which isnt when they say it's time to buy!)

Absolutely. As long as your timing is right.
Hehe, I know where your at man, I think I understand what you are saying. Forget the stock market and everything, you're going to be a real estate man. I'd take a second look at it, hell I'll explain it to you as best I can. As long as you aren't buying because you are emotionally attached to the house you can hold it for the long haul and just build up that equity. It's as conservative as gold used to be before it shot past $350 an ounce a while (decade?) back

Better rush to gold :p. The whole stock market is really a game. It's really hard to gauge how much a company is truly worth by stock price alone in my opinion.

That being said twitter will probably be going the same route with facebook more ads, and more promotions to try and increase revenue per user...but I expect a lot of that growth to come overseas like a lot of other people.

fwiw real estate is a pretty decent thing to have, but as joe said just need to buy when it's right (which isnt when they say it's time to buy!)
Ick I think gold is about to go south quick. Wait until it gets back below $600 if you really feel like that's what you want.

But I'm not @dasleben I don't actually read books on this or know anything. It's just a gut feeling. Stick with old man wealth, real estate, and keep the wife working... that's how real men do it ;). Keep away from the thieves and you'll nearly always come out with more of your cash (thieves = anyone pushing stocks around).

Ick I think gold is about to go south quick. Wait until it gets back below $600 if you really feel like that's what you want.

But I'm not @dasleben I don't actually read books on this or know anything. It's just a gut feeling. Stick with old man wealth, real estate, and keep the wife working... that's how real men do it ;). Keep away from the thieves and you'll nearly always come out with more of your cash (thieves = anyone pushing stocks around).
Gold has been incredibly crazy this year. It like a lot of things got driven up as it was seen as the safe investment (just like 30 day treasuries spiked right before we struck the deficit deal).

What I really need is one of those high speed computer trading programs so I can move m(b)illions without people noticing.
But for that I'd need a lot more cash, so I guess it's time for an ipo!

Gold has been incredibly crazy this year. It like a lot of things got driven up as it was seen as the safe investment (just like 30 day treasuries spiked right before we struck the deficit deal).

What I really need is one of those high speed computer trading programs so I can move m(b)illions without people noticing.

I saw something the other day about people using market latency in their favor with the high speed programs. Free Money!! :)

I saw something the other day about people using market latency in their favor with the high speed programs. Free Money!! :)
You got a link for that? That sounds pretty interesting. Good to know humans can still potentially beat computers. If we can beat that, hopefully we will be able to defeat Skynet.

You got a link for that? That sounds pretty interesting. Good to know humans can still potentially beat computers. If we can beat that, hopefully we will be able to defeat Skynet.

I will try to remember where I saw that. It was interesting!

I will try to remember where I saw that. It was interesting!
http://www.radiolab.org/story/267356-fast-cash-flash-crash-mad-dash-clash/

Get that podcast where they talk about it.
I think there was a follow up where they were talking about the SEC and Wall Street stopping the practice but I don't know if it happened. In short you can't afford the real estate or the computer to keep up with these clowns.

Edit: there's a podcast from either planet money or radiolab some where I heard it a while back. It's worth finding if you have time and want to listen.

Back