Twenty

I can’t believe how fast time flies. When I joined here, I was a high school senior getting apps ready for college. It was supposed to be ERAU Florida, Jacksonville Univ (Comair Academy), or Florida Tech. 9/11 threw that plan down the drain, and I tried to find as much info I could on an airline pilot career in the post 9/11 world. JC was it. I remember Derg’s content back then, the newsletters, the day in the life, monthly bidding, schedules, and perspectives. Of course there was the forum :)

I may not have followed every advice that was offered, but the input and information I received here was tremendous (esp in regards to the First class medical when as a teenager I didn’t even think I’d qualify due to an ear issue). But there were enough resources here (even a doctor, I forget his name though) that helped me attain the medical without too many issues. I did get a SODA.

I remember the old days, Tomcatter, theWife, John Tenney, lots of folks who were around through the years. Thanks to the long term members, Derg, MikeD, Don (UPS), too many to list. This site is awesome even with the spirited :) political debates in the Lav. Thank you to all for being here and helping out.

I will say, this site made a difference for the 17 year old me in 2001 who was in his last year in high school looking forward to college apps.

@Derg especially

Thank you!

Congrats! Wasn't around here quite yet, but this year was my high school 20 yr reunion too

edit: oh never mind, you were class of '02......child :)

Back