T'was the night before (my) X-mas (Sim eval)

FlapOperator

Any traffic please advise
Hey y'all!

Just got called for an interview with a caravan operator – it's my first time interviewing for an aviation job (VERY low time pilot here).

Can't lie I'm nervous as hell, but hopefully things will go smooth. After this sim eval (in the caravan *ugh :oops:), next week is technical interview and HR, then who knows.

I'm probably checking my documents and and licenses 5 times a day, to make sure I have everything and didn't lose any papers. Also drinking lots of water so I think clearly.

I felt this energy in the air while in my hotel room last night, thought I'd share with y'all. P.S. the company flew me non-rev to the interview location (my first time as non-rev!). I could easily get used to this life.

1612552089692.png

1612552344032.png

What do you guys do before an interview and what was your scariest interview so far?

Disclaimer:
no, this is not in the states

One of the best things you can do is be engaging and personable in the interview. I remember during one of my 121 interviews a while back there was a younger intern with the company who was sitting in on the interview during my HR/Line Pilot session, and I made sure to somewhat include everyone in the conversation. Later I chatted with him as we walked around to another building and got to know him a bit. I don't know if I was being watched by interviewers to see how I interacted with everyone, from the front desk, to the hotel. But I can say it didn't hurt and I received a CJO from the experience.

How’d it go?
Hi again

Soo... nailed the sim evaluation and IFR interview. Got an email 2 days later inviting for an interview with HR, technical interview with chief of operations and group activities with the other candidates, all of which went very well.

A friend who's been a copilot with the shop for 4 years now said if you feel you made it, it means you made it cause they only interview a few candidates... so fingers crossed waiting for a call/email now..

Bummer part is this shop is a little slow with the process. I've been talking to the other candidates and none of us has received anything more than a form to fill out with ID, passport info etc. It's making all of us a little anxious but what can you do right? Feel blessed I got an interview during the state this industry is in right now.

As always, thank you all for the tips on this forum! It's really helped me

Alright... Sad update. Due to the current situation of COVID-19 in Brazil, the shop is putting an end to any current hiring efforts.

They were supposed to start 5 classes, but they're sticking to just one now – which was delayed 21 days and we thought would be cancelled too, but those guys got lucky! Unfortunately I wasn't in the first class (was in 3rd)..

Oh well! On to the next one. Whatever it may be.

Thank you for all the support messages.

And good luck to you guys in the States with travel picking right back up. Maybe next time we have a better president down here we can enjoy the freedom of COVID-free life once again.

Back