Tucson Tower with bathroom ad

sschlesinger

The first two pictures are the Tower at KTUS. The third picture is an ad above the toilet in the mens bathroom the Double Eagle FBO check the price out the coupon at the bottom is for a 5 dollar discovery flight.

Attachments

• HPIM2239.jpg
    HPIM2239.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 280
  • HPIM2241.jpg
    HPIM2241.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 283
  • HPIM2233.jpg
    HPIM2233.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 332
$5 for a discovery flight...lucky. Can't even get a gallon of 100LL for $5 anymore. :( Wonder what fuel cost per gallon when that ad was placed?

Thanks for that ad though, adding it to my collection of random flight photos.

You can get a 12-inch cold cut combo at your local subway for $5 though!

Yeah I took this picture at about 1:30 or 2:00 look how many airplanes are parked at the terminal I think just two. Also the controllers said its usually slow till late afternoon.

Yeah I took this picture at about 1:30 or 2:00 look how many airplanes are parked at the terminal I think just two. Also the controllers said its usually slow till late afternoon.

If things are still the same the real big push is in the morning about 7-9. Then they have two much smaller pushes in the afternoon, and evening about 5 or 6-ish!

When I was last there I saw nothing but RJ's mostly. Though AA had about 6-8 S80's, and SWA had about 5 737's overnighting. Mostly everything else were RJ's.

Sad because in the 80's in the 80's early 90's that place was always jumpin' with 727, 737, DC-9's/MD-80's and 757's!

*KTUS hasn't had a go-around/missed approach in well over two years. I camp out at the ends of both 11L & 29R! So, I should know!

I go to recurrent in Tucson every six months for a week. <sigh> Going again in Sept and for an initial in November.

I think that must be what pergatory is like.

*KTUS hasn't had a go-around/missed approach in well over two years. I camp out at the ends of both 11L & 29R! So, I should know!

Dont know how they pull that off. They kept us high there last week, then cleared for visual. No biggy except there was a pretty nasty quartering tailwind. So strong that it gusted as we touched down, pushed the nose, and my force on the rudder was enough to set off the hardover protection....."ding"...rudder sys1-2 inop. Awesome. lol.

I did my IFR rating in Tucson at Double Eagle back in 2002.

Nice place. A little desolate, maybe, but when you're under the hood all day, who notices? :D

I still have my "TK's Showclub" t-shirt from my celebratory post-checkride dinner. Only strip bar I've ever been to with food that actually served a GOOD steak.

As for that $5- you can get a full on lap dance there. There's a discovery flight you can re-take for proficiency training time and time again. :buck:

I go to recurrent in Tucson every six months for a week. <sigh> Going again in Sept and for an initial in November.

I think that must be what pergatory is like.

I had to spend last week in Dalhart, Texas.... Tucson is at least 10-15 years ahead of that place. If Tucson is pergatory, Dalhart is the seventh circle of hell!!!

Lol, I tease you from a place of respect. From one airplane geek to another!

That being said. It's time to get out of the house, away from the airport, and off the computer! Maybe meet a girl, or whatever you fancy!

:)

Yeah, I know you were just bustin' my chops a bit. :)

See, I was introduced to aviation when I was very, very young. The knowledge that I possess comes from over thirteen years of watching aviation shows and just reading books on my spare time (the younger you are, the more spare time you seem to have :laff:). I've only had a computer for a little over a year and I really don't use it that much, except for JC, a little bit of FS9 from time to time, and, of course, school work.

So, even though it may seem like I don't have a life because I know more about aviation than I should at my age, I actually do!

Yeah, I know you were just bustin' my chops a bit. :)

See, I was introduced to aviation when I was very, very young. The knowledge that I possess comes from over thirteen years of watching aviation shows and just reading books on my spare time (the younger you are, the more spare time you seem to have :laff:). I've only had a computer for a little over a year and I really don't use it that much, except for JC, a little bit of FS9 from time to time, and, of course, school work.

So, even though it may seem like I don't have a life because I know more about aviation than I should at my age, I actually do!

Yea, man. That why everyone bust my chops about you.

I was also introduced to aviation at an early age. When I was in middle school and highschool one of my favorite things to do in the summer was to pack a bag and have my mom drop me off at the airport for 6-8 hrs. I'd watch the planes land and takeoff. But even back then I didn't see too many missed approaches.

:D

My mom took an interest in my thirst for aviation and we'd go to the library often and she let me check out aviation books. Prior to you, I used to be one of if not the biggest a.net dork on here (thanks for taking my crown).

But, lately my focus and priorities have changed quite a bit. As such I'm far less in to aviation as I have been in the past. So, it (the crown) is all yours.

Hell, I'm still scratching my head trying to find out what VREF+3 is. You said in a bit ago in a thread in the technical forum.

I'll give you this guy, you know alot more than I ever did about aviation at your age. BTW, how old are you?

Yea, man. That why everyone bust my chops about you.

I was also introduced to aviation at an early age. When I was in middle school and highschool one of my favorite things to do in the summer was to pack a bag and have my mom drop me off at the airport for 6-8 hrs. I'd watch the planes land and takeoff. But even back then I didn't see too many missed approaches.

:D

My mom took an interest in my thirst for aviation and we'd go to the library often and she let me check out aviation books. Prior to you, I used to be one of if not the biggest a.net dork on here (thanks for taking my crown).

But, lately my focus and priorities have changed quite a bit. As such I'm far less in to aviation as I have been in the past. So, it (the crown) is all yours.

Hell, I'm still scratching my head trying to find out what VREF+3 is. You said in a bit ago in a thread in the technical forum.

I'll give you this guy, you know alot more than I ever did about aviation at your age. BTW, how old are you?

Thanks. To be quite honest, I never knew that you actually had a "crown" on this site. I just want to be able to share my knowledge with others and eventually get to help other aspiring pilots in the future. I turned 18 a few months ago and am about to begin my last year of high school.

As for "VREF+3", I think you're confusing it with "VREF+30". VREF+30 is the velocity (speed) after the landing gear has been lowered. There's VREF, VREF+10, VREF+20, VREF+30, and VREF+40.

Thanks. To be quite honest, I never knew that you actually had a "crown" on this site.

Oh, yea. . .after Doug. I'm hands down the most popular member of the board. I'm a "staple."

If I were to ever leave, man this place would go down hill. . . fast. And I mean fast!

But, I'm a very modest person, so I'd never say that aloud!

If I were to ever leave, man this place would go down hill. . . fast. And I mean fast!

Nonsense, you fool! I'm sure that Doug and his arsenal of mods can handle it (if there should ever be a complete deterioration on this site in whatever you're talking about, due to your abrupt absence). :D

Back