TSA Update?

meyers9163

So a buddy just called me and told me they were furlouging another 20 pilots August 15th followed by another 38 at the end of August. I am curious if any of you there know this for a fact? Hope its just rumored because if so I have some buddies that would be in that number.

My TSA sim partner called me as well. He just got F word call. He also said 20 on the 15 of August and 38 more at the end of the month. Five planes already returned. :mad:

I hadn't heard anything about it yet but it sounds like it's true. Sorry fellow waterskiers. Unemployment isn't too bad of a deal depending on how much money you've made in the past year and in Missouri the only requirement is that you have 3 job contacts per week so it's not too difficult. I'm back at my part time job but definitely considered the unemployment. Oh well, down down down I go on the call back list.

Just talked with a Captain at TSA. Looks like 28 down grades. Calls are going out now. Suck!!:mad:

If you need a contact, contact me. I will tell you about a position I won't hire you for but will meet the requirements of contact for the Unemployment people. :rolleyes:

Downgrades go back to 09/06 furloughs back to 08/07 so far...:banghead:

I'm sure they'll be more to come in January once Eagle starts getting their birds back...

The downgrades go back a little further than 9/06. I got the call from a flight manager for the downgrade.

12/31/2009. I'm willing to bet that TSA will no longer exist beyond that date, if not sooner.

I agree. I've been telling people that for months. The only possible way they'll still be around is if they stop flying for AA and get some larger airplanes but even then, I'm not sure anybody is in a position to pick up any more regional flying at all. AA's scope thing and the GoJet stuff has completely destroyed TSA's future. Funny, most of my captains thought I was retarded when I would tell them this.

I would look for AMR to give you guys TSA or Gojet some flying when they enter BK later this year or some time next year. I think CHQ will get a lot but you guys will get some too. :mad:

I agree. I've been telling people that for months. The only possible way they'll still be around is if they stop flying for AA and get some larger airplanes but even then, I'm not sure anybody is in a position to pick up any more regional flying at all. AA's scope thing and the GoJet stuff has completely destroyed TSA's future. Funny, most of my captains thought I was retarded when I would tell them this.

United is increasing there Express flying (see link). Maybe if TSA gets rid of AA Flying or gets out of that 50 seat bull****, United will give them more flying on bigger planes.

TSA is like a roach. They will make it. By the skin of there teeth, but they will make it.

http://www.united.com/press/detail/0,6862,59390,00.html

United is increasing there Express flying (see link). Maybe if TSA gets rid of AA Flying or gets out of that 50 seat bull****, United will give them more flying on bigger planes.

Honestly, I can bet that the flying would just go to GoJet. Why? I don't know the exact details, but for TSA to set up shop for the CRJ, I can only imagine it'd involve a lot of work on their part (e.g., new ground school instructors, updating manuals, FAA involvement in all that, etc).

Why go through all that trouble when literally five doors down in the same building is an operation that's already up and running?

Anyway, so much for being near the top of the callback list.

Actually, so much for being called back at all.

AA's scope thing and the GoJet stuff has completely destroyed TSA's future. Funny, most of my captains thought I was retarded when I would tell them this.

I hate to say this, but ALPA and the TSA pilot group are both lazy. If they truly cared as much as they make it seem they do, something would have been done long before it got so far out of hand. I've heard more whining and trash talking about GoJet than I've seen actual constructive progress.

Reminds me of how people say they hate President Bush so much then do nothing to help make things better.

Nice work, people.

Reminds me of how people say they hate President Bush so much then do nothing to help make things better.

Nice work, people.

Hey, I voted for Ron Paul, the only candidate who actually has any idea what's going on with the economy. The only one who has actually read the constitution for that matter. Interesting how much people make fun of him yet most everything he's warned us about is coming true. Bernanke and the unconstitutional Federal Reserve/Dollar have put us in one really terrible position. But that's an entirely different thread.

Hey, I voted for Ron Paul, the only candidate who actually has any idea what's going on with the economy. The only one who has actually read the constitution for that matter. Interesting how much people make fun of him yet most everything he's warned us about is coming true. Bernanke and the unconstitutional Federal Reserve/Dollar have put us in one really terrible position. But that's an entirely different thread.

The problem is most people just vote for the candidate the media tells them to vote for and have no idea what the real issues are with the country. I mean, obviously debating the fact that Obama likes Fruity Pebbles rather than Cocoa Puffs is more important than talking about what matters, because what matters = boring. Drama = fun.

Anyway, I'll stop there before I drag this thread through hell.

I've heard more whining and trash talking about GoJet than I've seen actual constructive progress.

There's nothing to be done. If AA drops their restriction, Gojet and TSA will be merged. I doubt anybody will want to go through that nightmare but it has to be done. GJ is only there to fly 50+ seats, when TSA is able to do that as well why have two certificates? Plus we're talking about small companies here, not AA and United.

There's nothing to be done. If AA drops their restriction, Gojet and TSA will be merged. I doubt anybody will want to go through that nightmare but it has to be done. GJ is only there to fly 50+ seats, when TSA is able to do that as well why have two certificates? Plus we're talking about small companies here, not AA and United.

I know there's been some talk among management of attempting to merge but I don't know if there's been any kind of official meetings or anything. I imagine if there was an attempted merger, the TSA pilots would all say "this is just a ploy to make it seem like we're in worse trouble than we are and to make us give into a crappy contract, we're not budging!" and it'll never happen. That's what soooo many people there told me about my furlough. I told them they were dead wrong. I win, but at the same time, I lose. Suck.

More news from Mr. Kanodia's Wonder Imporium:

Dulles opening as a crew base October 1. So much for Richmond...:(

Back