TSA Screening Pilots

This looks like it may be a good thing. I wonder if pilots will get to use the crew line while non revving or when traveling out of uniform?

This looks like it may be a good thing. I wonder if pilots will get to use the crew line while non revving or when traveling out of uniform?
My understanding is you must be in uniform. Also that article sure put a lot of emphasis on shoes. I haven't taken off my shoes once under the existing system.

My understanding is you must be in uniform. Also that article sure put a lot of emphasis on shoes. I haven't taken off my shoes once under the existing system.

Same here. It's not that hard if you find airport safe shoes. I worked hard to find comfortable, airport safe shoes that don't look like I work in a nursing home. That hard work has paid off since I haven't had to remove my shoes going through security in years. Had a TSA agent swear they were going to set the machine off. I told him "If they set it off, you have my permission to pull me off to the side and strip search me. They haven't set one off in a year and a half. Unless you have your machine tuned to an illegal setting, it ain't about to start now." He seemed pretty pissed when I just strolled right on through without a beep.

I have no idea how this is supposed to speed things up. Shoes aren't the problem for us, I hadn't even though of it prior to this. What if you have the kind of shoes that set off the detector how are they going to know if it was your shoes or a gun you were carrying on your left pocket? Plus you actually have to physically stop and surrender your two forms of ID which would add more time. Infinite wisdom of the TSA.....

I have no idea how this is supposed to speed things up. Shoes aren't the problem for us, I hadn't even though of it prior to this. What if you have the kind of shoes that set off the detector how are they going to know if it was your shoes or a gun you were carrying on your left pocket? Plus you actually have to physically stop and surrender your two forms of ID which would add more time. Infinite wisdom of the TSA.....

Hey, it's a step in the right direction. That's how I look at it. Then again, I'm a glass half full type guy. At least we don't have Joe Traveller on his cel phone complaining about how the flight crew cut him off in the security line.

I'd prefer to just keep cutting infront of the passengers in the main line. Doesn't take any longer, I don't have to take my shoes off, and I only have to show one photo ID (my company ID).

The 2 forms doesn't bother me. I have a company ID and a SIDA badge on my lanyard, so there ya go.

Hey, it's a step in the right direction. That's how I look at it. Then again, I'm a glass half full type guy. At least we don't have Joe Traveller on his cel phone complaining about how the flight crew cut him off in the security line.

I had an encounter like that for the first time a few weeks ago. I used the crew line but wasn't in uniform so cut a line of about 10 people. I took two of those grey plastic treys for my laptop and my shoes/metals and placed them on the counter. As soon as I placed my roller bag, an • nervous type Joe Traveler proceded to take both my plastic treys and placed his stuff and cut in front of me. I'm pretty sure he knew I was crew because of my I.D. I was in a good mood so I didn't let it bother me but the whole time I was giving him the eye, the coward didn't even bother to look at me. Some people just missed one too many hugs during their childhood...

I have used the new crew pass system in PIT. Its freakin awesome, walk up, show ID, and go through. Took me about 10 seconds. I cant wait till this is all over the country. No taking out the laptop, no pulling change out of the pockets, no passengers giving you the evil eye. I love it!

Same here. It's not that hard if you find airport safe shoes. I worked hard to find comfortable, airport safe shoes that don't look like I work in a nursing home. That hard work has paid off since I haven't had to remove my shoes going through security in years. Had a TSA agent swear they were going to set the machine off. I told him "If they set it off, you have my permission to pull me off to the side and strip search me. They haven't set one off in a year and a half. Unless you have your machine tuned to an illegal setting, it ain't about to start now." He seemed pretty pissed when I just strolled right on through without a beep.

What if the machine did beep?:laff:

"We are vetting them against terrorist watch lists" and other computerized databases that include information gleaned about the pilots in the periodic security checks, Beane said.

Hmm, I think I'll stick to the regular line...thanks.

I did the same thing and found shoes that work, but anybody got an idea for a belt that doesn't set it off?
Lemme know-

Back